- Recommended for: Lunch or Dinner
Serves:2 Women’s portions or 1 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- Two chicken breasts
- Colourful Veggies
- 1 big tomato or 10 cherry tomatoes
- Half a big cucumber
- 1 red onion
- 1 green, red or yellow pepper
- Smart Carb
- 1 ear of corn, or 1 cup frozen corn
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Half a large avocado pear
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- lemon juice (to taste)
- tsp salt
- pepper (to taste)
- cayenne pepper or Mexican rub (optional)
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife or processor
- Grill/oven or air fryer
- Meat cleaver or rolling pin
- Plastic or greaseproof paper
- Either butterfly (cut through and open) the chicken breast OR place the breast between two layers of plastic or grease proof paper and hit it with the meat cleaver or rolling pin to break up the fibres and tenderise the flesh. Bash it out evenly.
- Rub a smidgeon of coconut oil on each breast and season to taste with the salt, pepper, cayenne and spice rub of choice.
- Leave to stand while you prep your salad.
- In a processor or on a board with a sharp chopping knife, finely chop the tomatoes, peppers, onion and cucumber. Sprinkle with a tsp of salt, mix through and leave to stand in a sieve over a bowl to drain a bit.
- Add your half a cup of uncooked corn per person.
- Peel your avocado and chop it up. Sprinkle it with lemon juice and leave to stand.
- Grill your chicken breasts under a hot grill for 8-10 minutes or pop it in the air fryer/oven for 10 minutes at 200’C
- Place your drained salad in a bowl with the avocado and lemon juice mixed in.
- Place your butterflied breast on the plate.
- Spoon one cup of the salad over it and enjoy!
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).