- Recommended for: Dinner
Serves:1 Women’s portions or double up for a male portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 1 lean, deboned and skinned chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fat-free B
- Colourful Veggies
- 1/2 cups of baby sweetcorn, carrot and snow pea mix
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- Smart Carb
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Healthy Fat
- 1/4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 6 cashew nuts (grind half, lightly chop other half)
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- 1/4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 tsp garlic, crushed
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander + handful fresh, chopped coriander
- Sosatie sticks/ wooden skewers
- Baking dish
- Chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Soak your sosatie sticks in water.
- Make a mix of lemon juice, ground cashews, ginger, garlic, paprika, cayenne, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place cut up chicken breast on skewers.
- Pour over the marinade mix and make sure to rub the mix on all the chicken.
- Leave to stand. Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Boil a pot of water and add some salt. Pop in your corn, carrots and peas and boil till softened. Drain.
- Lightly brush each chicken kebab with coconut oil and place in the oven dish for baking. Pour last bits of marinade and coconut oil over the kebabs.
- Bake until all pinkness of chicken disappears – about 20-30 minutes.
- Mix together the cup of Bulgarian yoghurt with the chopped coriander and extra garlic (optional)
- Plate up your veggies (half to one cup).
- Spoon the coriander, yoghurt and garlic mix over the sosaties and sprinkle with the remaining chopped cashew nuts.
- Serve with the rice/ quinoa in a little bowl on the side.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).