- Recommended for: Dinner
Serves:4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 4 lean, deboned and skinned chicken breasts
- 1 cup fat-free B
- Colourful Veggies
- 2 cups of baby sweetcorn, carrot and snow pea mix
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Smart Carb
- 2 cup cooked quinoa or brown rice
- Healthy Fat
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 12-15 cashew nuts (grind half, lightly chop other half)
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed
- Half tsp smoked paprika
- Half tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp coriander + handful fresh, chopped coriander
- Sosatie sticks/ wooden skewers
- Baking dish
- Chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Soak your 4 sosatie sticks in water.
- Make a mix of lemon juice, ground cashews, ginger, garlic, paprika, cayenne, cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Place two chicken breast side to side and push two skewer through both breasts width wise as seen in pic.
- Cut between skewers and neaten up. Repeat with other two breasts.
- Pour over the marinade mix and make sure to rub the mix on all the chicken.
- Leave to stand. Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Boil a pot of water and add some salt. Pop in your corn, carrots and peas and boil till softened. Drain.
- Lightly brush each chicken kebab with coconut oil and place in the oven dish for baking. Pour last bits of marinade and coconut oil over the kebabs.
- Bake until all pinkness of chicken disappears – about 20-30 minutes.
- Mix together the cup of Bulgarian yoghurt with the chopped coriander and extra garlic (optional)
- Plate up your veggies (half to one cup).
- Pop one chicken sosatie per plate for women and two per plate for men.
- Spoon the coriander, yoghurt and garlic mix over the sosaties and sprinkle with the remaining chopped cashew nuts.
- Serve with the rice/ quinoa in a little bowl on the side.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!