- Recommended for: Breakfast
Serves:2 Women’s portions or 1 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Quality Protein
- 2 eggs
- Colourful Veggies
- Half a cup chopped onion
- Half a cup loosely packed fresh coriander
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 small tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- Smart Carb
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour/cornflour
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/olive oil for frying.
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- Half a tsp cumin seeds
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Pinch salt
- Tsp of your
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Frying pan
- Chopping knife
- Chopping board
- Cup measure
- Spatula/egg lifter
- Peel and coarsely grate your sweet potato, let stand in a bowl.
- Finely grate a knob of fresh ginger.
- Finely chop your half onion.
- Finely chop your coriander leaves.
- Crush a clove of garlic finely.
- After at least 10 minutes, squeeze all the liquid out of your grated potato, squeeze very hard.
- Mix together the grated potato, coriander, garlic, ginger, onion, cumin seeds, salt, pepper, cayenne, masala
andtapioca flour and mix very well.
- Heat your oil in your frying pan.
- Divide your sweet potato mixture into 4 portions.
- Form the potato mixture into squeezed, firm balls and place in pan to fry.
- As it starts frying, gently press the balls downwards to form pattie shapes of about 2cm thick. Fry on medium heat for about 4 minutes or until it becomes possible to carefully flip the rosti with an egg lifter.
- Fry on the other side until browned, cooked through and looking delicious.
- Remove rosti’s from pan.
- Fry two eggs as you like them.
- Place your rosti on your serving plate.
- Top with your fried eggs
- Garnish with coriander leaf and a chilli if desired.
- Serve with a side of chopped tomato.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!