- Recommended for: Breakfast
- Serves: 1 Women’s portion or double up for 1 male portion (see full portion control guide here).
- This breakfast recipe doesn’t include any vegetables as per our normal Sleekgeek Food List and Healthy Meal Template Guidelines.
- Technically it does include vegetables, it has sweet potato in it, but we classify this as a “smart carb” in the Sleekgeek Food List because of it’s high-carb content. So please note, this is a higher-carb recipe than what we normally recommend. Still totally OK, but just good to be aware about.
- Quality Protein
- 1 serving whey protein power flavour of choice (I used chocolate)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Bulgarian yoghurt
- Colourful Veggies
- 1/2 medium sweet potato, peeled and grated (technically a “smart carb” due to it’s high-carb content, but we’ll leave it in the vegetable category for now.)
- Smart Carb
- 1 small granny smith apple, grated
- 1/2 cup blueberries for garnish, heated to release juices
- 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour/cornflour/ other flour
- Healthy Fat
- 1/2 tbsp Coconut oil for frying
- Herbs, Spices, Extras
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Half tsp ginger
- xylitol/stevia to taste
- Frying pan
- Peel and grate the sweet potato coursely.
- Peel and grate the apple coursely.
- Mix the two together and leave to stand for about 10 minutes.
- Brush the frying pan with the coconut oil.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze the apple and potato mix out over the sink to get rid of all excess fluid that has formed. Squeeze hard.
- Add the cinnamon and sweetener of choice and mix well.
- Heat the pan.
- Divide the apple/potato mix.
- Make balls and put them in the frying pan.
- As they start to cook, carefully flatten them into discs of about 1,5 cm thick.
- Cook for about 3 minutes or until firm enough to turn over carefully.
- Cook on the other side until cooked through and getting a slight crisp on the edges. Remove from pan to cool a bit.
- In a bowl, mix the whey and the yoghurt until smooth. It will be a thick consistency.
- Heat the berries in microwave or stovetop.
- Place one rosti on the plate.
- Put a quarter of the whey mixture in the middle and top it with another rosti.
- Put another quarter of the whey mix on top and sprinkle with the heated berries, drizzling a little of the released juice over it.
- Repeat with other ingredients.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).