- Recommended for: Lunch or Dinner
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- 4 skinless, cooked and shredded chicken breasts.
- Half a small cup walnuts/pecans (I save costs by buying broken nuts from bakery outlet)
- 2 cups uncooked basil leaves
- 2 cups uncooked spinach or kale
- 4 cloves garlic
- Smart Carb
- 4 small to medium sweet potatoes
- Healthy Fat
- 60ml light olive oil
- Tblsp coconut oil
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- sea salt
- 2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
- Half a red onion or some spring onion and or chilli for garnish
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Chopping knife
- Forks for shredding chicken
- Lemon squeezer
- Garlic crusher
- Heat oven to 200’C
- Rub the cleaned sweet potatoes with some coconut oil and salt
- Bake in the oven for about 1 hour until soft (Life hack: I microwave mine for 8 minutes first, then in oven for 30 minutes)
- While the potatoes are cooking make your pesto by blending the walnuts, basil, spinach or kale, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and salt (to taste)
- Shred your cooked chicken (pre-boiled and cooled) with forks.
- Add the chicken to the pesto mix.
- Remove potatoes from oven once cooked and cut them in half lengthways.
- Roughly loosen and mash the soft potato flesh and shape into a little boat with space for filling.
- Top the potato halves with the divided mixture.
- Serve with some tomato wedges and chopped red onion or spring onion garnish.
- This is delicious and so full of nutrients!
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).