- Recommended for: Lunch or Dinner
- Serves: 6 Women’s portions or 3 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- 800g lean ground beef mince
- 1 egg
- 250ml low-fat Bulgarian yoghurt
- 1 cucumber (grated)
- 1 tsp garlic (crushed)
- 2 skinned and peeled tomatoes (diced)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of finely chopped parsley.
- 1 radish
- 2 heads of Lettuce (large leaves to use as wraps) as well as shredded lettuce for filling and serving.
- Smart Carb
- 3 beetroot, boiled
- 1 lemon/lime
- 1/2 cup of chickpeas (boiled or canned)
- Healthy Fat
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- garlic salt
- Italian herbs
- wooden skewers (pre-soaked in water)
- chopping board
- food processor
- pot for boiling
- roasting pan
- mixing bowls
- oven set at 200’c
- Preheat oven to 180 or 200’c (depending on your oven)
- Place your ground/minced beef in your mixing bowl.
- Add 1 egg
- Chop 1 cup of loosely packed fresh parsley till fine and add to the beef.
- Chop half an onion finely and add half to the meat mixture (save the other half)
- Add seasoning: 1 level tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tsp Italian herbs, and half a tsp ground black pepper. Adjust to taste.
- Mix all the ingredients in the bowl together well.
- Divide mixture into 6 parts and form the meat around the skewers, pressing firmly and tapering to the ends.
- Lay in lightly greased oven dish and place in the center of oven to cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Peel and roughly chop boiled beetroot and place in your food processor/blender along with half a cup of cooked, drained chickpeas, 2 tbsp lemon juice, and 1 tsp olive oil. Blend well till smooth. Place in a little serving dish.
- Grate the cucumber and sprinkle with a tsp salt, mix through with a fork, leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Clean and prepare your outer lettuce leaves to use as wraps. Chop the remaining lettuce for filling.
- Peel avocado and chop roughly, then mash slightly with a fork. Add the chopped onion that you previously saved as well as the chopped tomato flesh from your peeled/canned and drained tomatoes.
- Squeeze lemon juice from half the lemon into the mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well together and place in a serving dish.
- Strain your grated cucumber very well and squeeze out all excess fluid that will have been released. In a bowl add the Bulgarian yoghurt and crushed garlic to the cucumber and mix well. Do not add extra salt. Place in serving bowl.
- Check your ground beef kebabs are cooked through and remove from the oven.
- Lay out your lettuce leaf wraps
- Fill them with some chopped lettuce.
- Slide your ground beef kebab off the stick into the wrap.
- Add your choices of Tzatziki (cucumber, garlic, and yoghurt), beetroot hummus (beetroot, chickpeas and olive oil) and guacamole (avocado, onion, and tomato)
- Fold up and enjoy!
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!