- Recommended for: Lunch.
- Serves: 1 Woman’s portions or double up for a male’sportion (see full portion control guide here).
- 1 skinless, deboned chicken breasts.
- 1/4 cup low-fat Bulgarian yoghurt.
- Side Salad made with:
- 1 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 diced tomatoes
- 1/4 a cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 finely chopped red onion.
- Finely chopped chives (optional)
- Side Salad made with:
- Smart Carb
- Quarter cup uncooked quinoa
- 100g canned black beans
- 1/4 tbsp coconut flour.
- Healthy Fat
- 10 ml olive/ coconut oil for frying
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- 25ml tomato paste
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- pich salt
- pinch teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 small lemon
- Roasting dish
- Frying pan
- Small pot
- Chopping board
- Chopping knife
- Fine grater or garlic press.
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Prepare the quinoa
- In the meantime place the chicken breast in the roasting dish, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and squeeze over half the lemon juice. Pop in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- While the quinoa is boiling start shredding the lettuce, dice the tomatoes, chop the chives and red onion and slice the cucumber for the salad.
- Turn off the boiling quinoa on the stove and leave to steam off the remaining water, if any.
- Turn the chicken breast in the oven.
- Open the can of black beans and drain well, mash roughly with a fork. Add Paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, coconut flour, and tomato paste. Stir well. Add the cooked quinoa (well drained) and mix well.
- Remove chicken breasts from the oven and allow to cool.
- While the chicken is cooling take your bean/quinoa mixture and shape each portion into a patty with your hands.
- Place the frying pan on the stove top and heat the olive/coconut oil to coat the pan lightly. Fry your patties for about 3 minutes each side (or until lightly crisp and firm on the outside, checking that they do not burn.
- Shred your chicken breasts with the fork.
- Place your bulgarian yoghurt in a bowl. Crush or grate your garlic finely and add to the yoghurt. Squeeze in the juice of a quarter lemon. Mix well and season with a little salt and pepper if desired. Mix in your shredded chicken.
- Arrange your patties as you wish on a platter or on individual plates.
- Serve your chicken mixture either on top of the patties or alongside them.
- Garnish your plates as desired and sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- Serve with a bowl of mixed salad.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).