Time: 40 minutes
- 15ml Avocado Oil
- 80g Red Onion (small, chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper (seeded, minced)
- 3 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 301g Black Beans (cooked, rinsed)
- 340g Chicken Breast, Cooked (shredded)
- 448g Enchilada Sauce (divided)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 6 Brown Rice Tortilla (slightly warmed up)
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (191ºC).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour in the oil. Once hot, add in the onion and jalapeno pepper. Cook for five minutes, until softened. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic and cook for another one to two minutes. Set aside.
- Add the beans, chicken, and 1/3 of the enchilada sauce to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour another 1/3 of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface and scoop out the chicken and bean mixture into the tortilla in a line down the center. Roll tightly and transfer to the prepared baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas. Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove, let cool slightly before serving. Top with avocado. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
One serving is one tortilla
Add hot sauce to the enchiladas or for serving. Top with cilantro.
Make it vegan:
Omit the chicken and use more beans.