Time: 35 mins
- 255g Chicken Breast
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices Bacon
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium, peeled and cut into small cubes)
- 80g Red Onion (chopped)
- 60g Baby Spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC).
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and drizzle with 1/4 of the oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Let the chicken rest for five to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook until browned and crispy, about four to five minutes per side. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside. Remove the grease from the pan and carefully wipe the pan out with a paper towel. Chop the bacon into small pieces when cool enough to handle.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan. Add the sweet potato and cook, stirring occasionally, for about five to six minutes. Add the onion and continue to cook until the potatoes are tender, seven to nine minutes more.
- Add the chopped bacon and baby spinach to the pan and continue to cook until the spinach has wilted. Season the hash with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the sweet potato hash and sliced chicken between plates. Enjoy!
Season the chicken with dried herbs and spices to taste. Season the sweet
potato hash with garlic powder, chili powder, or smoked paprika to taste.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
One serving is approximately equal to one cup of sweet potato hash and
four ounces of chicken