Time: 40 mins
Servings : 2
- 227g Chicken Thighs with Skin
- 2ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 Carrots (medium-sized, chopped into 4″ pieces)
- 36g Tamari
- 29g Sriracha
- 15ml Orange Juice (plus zest from half an orange)
- 21g Honey
- 2g Ginger (fresh, minced)
- 2 stalks Green Onion (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Rub the oil on the skin side of the chicken.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat and once hot, add the chicken skin-side down. Cook for five minutes. Increase the heat to medium and continue cooking skin side down for 10 to 12 minutes, until browned. Transfer to a plate skin side up and set aside.
- In the same skillet, over medium heat, add the carrots, spacing them out as much as you can, side-by-side. Cook for three to four minutes. Turn and cook for an additional three to four minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine the tamari, sriracha, orange juice, orange zest, honey, and ginger in a bowl. Stir to combine then set aside.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, laying on top of the carrots. Drizzle the tamari sauce all over the chicken and carrots. Place in the oven and cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest for five to 10 minutes.
- Divide onto plates and top with green onion. Enjoy!
It may be too hot for kids, quarter the amount of siracha.
Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to three days.
Top with sesame seeds.
One serving is equal to approximately four carrots and two chicken thighs.
Amount per serving
Calories – 423
Fat – 21g
Carbs – 38g
Fiber – 8g
Sugar – 23g
Protein – 23g
Cholesterol – 111mg
Sodium – 1578mg
Vitamin C – 424mg
Calcium – 102mg
Iron – 2mg
Vitamin D – 3IU
Vitamin B12 – 0.7µg
Magnesium – 62mg