Elan and Eric are working toward writing a daily email containing short insightful tips and ideas around living a healthy lifestyle. Subscribe here.
Most times when we are disappointed with ourselves we are incongruent. We are out of flow.
I noticed that when I eat badly for a period I don’t lose my mojo and feel glum because I gained a little weight but MORE because my actions were not aligned to what I desire most from my life. – which is to be healthy.
I experienced that recently when I went through a little slump around the anniversary of my father’s death. I picked up 2-3 Kgs fairly quickly by eating emotionally and having weekend binges.
My actions did not connect to my WHY.
Our vision for our life is either in or out of sync and harmony with our actions and behaviours.
Being out of flow is a cause of upset and frustration.
Happiness resides in a feeling of peace.
We are at peace when we take the actions that align with our desires for our life.
There are two possible paths you can take when you veer off the path on your journey.
- You can wallow in self-pity, act and feel like a victim and continue to self-sabotage yourself by NOT doing the things you need to.
- You can plot the actions you need to take and ruthlessly pursue them daily.
I made a choice to take action and have made good progress over the past 10 days. I am already in a better state of mind!
Not sure where you stand? Do this simple exercise to have a better idea:
- Think about your WHY, your vision for your life and the future you want to have… (Click here for a simple guide on how to find your why)
- What do you need to do daily to get closer to this vision?
- NOW take a quick inventory of your life.
- Are your daily actions and habits supporting your dreams?
If you want a lean fit body are you regularly:
- Preparing and eating healthy meals?
- Avoiding too much junk food?
- Exercising regularly?
- Sleeping enough?
Are you congruent? Are you happy?
Identify the daily actions you need to take to reach your dreams and pursue them with ruthless consistency.
You don’t have to be perfect but the faster you want results the more consistent you’ll need to be.
Elan (get to know me better over here)