The oceans are at risk: marine plastic pollution is one of the biggest environmental issues in the world today. In fact, more than 150 million tons of plastic exist in the oceans today.
Join us at team Sleekgeek to support our friends at adidas and do out bit to help out and make a change.
June is World Ocean’s Month and for every kilometre that you run, walk, skip or jog between June 8 and June 16, 2019 adidas will donate $1 to the Parley Ocean School (capped at 1.5 million US dollars).
And at the end of the campaign, as a token of our appreciation for racking up those kilometres we will randomly draw 3 people (who have run/walked a minimum of 5km) from our Sleekgeek Leaderboard and reward them with the following:
2nd: Entry to the 8 Week Transformation Challenge plus a Sleekgeek T/Vest, Cap and gym towel.
3rd: Entry to the 8 Week Transformation Challenge plus a Sleekgeek T/Vest, Cap and gym towel.
Last year we had 150 Sleeks contribute and managed to raise a total of R81 386 – we cannot wait to see what we can do this year!
How can I contribute to this amazing cause?
Step 1 – Download Runtastic, join Run For The Oceans and Sleekgeek
- Download the Runtastic app on your phone.
- Tap the Progress tab.
- You can select Run For The Oceans under Challenges. Click Join Challenge.
- Join the Sleekgeek Group on Runtastic so that we can measure our contribution as a community by clicking here. – if that does not work, then search for the Sleekgeek group!
- Start moving! Every kilometre you run between June 8 and June 16th counts!
- We suggest you test that you can successfully log your Kilometers before the 8th!
- Invite your friends so they can make a contribution.
Step 2 – Log your Kms 8-16 June
We suggest you test that you can successfully log your Kilometers before the 8th!
How to integrate with other devices?
Once you have logged into Runtastic ON YOUR MOBILE PHONE you can connect to via your profile settings to:
- A Runtastic wearable
- An Apple Watch
- A Garmin device
- A Polar device
For Fitbit you can only connect via the Runtastic Website once you are logged in under “Settings” and “Devices” – for some reason you cannot set this up via the mobile app.
For other devices you will need to log manually as described below.
Manual recording of Kms (no device)
Do not have a fancy device? No problem. Use your phone and the Runtastic App to track your activity directly.
Manual adding of Kms from ANY other devices
Under “Progress” > Recent activities you will see an option to “Add an activity manually”
If you are going to input your activity from ANY device or tracker please upload an image of a screenshot of the activity as proof or of the Kms on your device display thanks.
See pictures below for a guide on how to do that:
How to invite others?
Once you in a group simply:
- Click on “…” in the top right hand corner.
- Then click “Invite Members” and you can share it via social media, WhatsApp, email or even copy it to share as you like!
- You can also send a direct invite to any of your friends who are already in the Runtastic Community.
Thank you for helping us make a difference to the environment!
Ps: For more information on the campaign click here.