The 23rd official Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge about to kick off!
We’re working around the clock to make sure everything runs extra smoothly and also trying to answer any questions that you might have.
So, I’ve put together this step-by-step guide that walks you through the whole process so that you know EXACTLY what to expect.
Here’s what to expect:
1) If you are on the VIP Wait List you will receive an email and SMS with your special VIP link at 9am. This will let you buy your Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge entry for R399 rather than R599 (that’s more than a 30% savings!).
2) If you are not on the VIP Wait List, then we open up signups at 10am for the general public. You will have the opportunity to buy one of the limited numbers of Launch Sale Entries at R499 rather than R599 before we bump it up to full price.
3) Either way, you fill in your name, email address, and phone number on the challenge registration page to begin the registration process.
4) We then send you an email letting you know that you’ve begun the registration process in case you get interrupted and can’t complete the payment. In that case, you can just click the link in the email to resume again – might have to check your spam / promotions folder on Gmail for it.
5) You get redirected to the payment gateway that we use, either PayFast or PayGenius, depending. Both highly secure and reliable – we’ve used them both many many times.
6) You choose your preferred method of payment, such as Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard) or EFT from most major banks (including Capitec).
7) Once you have completed your payment, you will either get automatically redirected to a page to generate your Challenge Vault Password (or we will manually send you one, if you chose a more manual payment method like EFT).
8) Again, you will get an email letting you know that your payment is complete and how to continue with generating your Challenge Vault Password.
9) To generate your Challenge Vault Password, you enter your name and email that you used to register with.
10) You will then be given a password and redirected to the Challenge Vault.
11) In the Challenge Vault, you will see menu buttons for Instructions, Help and Support, Nutrition Plans, Exercise Plans, Prizes Up For Grabs, and Resources. Everything that you need to know about the challenge will be explained in there, but you’re always welcome to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions at any time.
About the Challenge Vault:
The menu buttons are fairly intuitive, especially if you’ve read the Challenge Information Page, but here’s a breakdown:
1) INSTRUCTIONS page contains everything you need to know, or links to everything you need to know in order to take part in the challenge. That’s your home base that you keep coming back to.
2) HELP AND SUPPORT page contains instructions on how to contact us on Helpdesk if you have any questions as well as a link to the Sleekgeek 8-Week Transformation Challenge support group on Facebook.
3) NUTRITION PLANS page contain all of the download links for the nutrition plans as well as instructions on how to pick the right plan for you. Right now, there are Paleo Low-Carb Plans, Paleo Moderate-Carb Plans, Banting Plans, Moderate Carb Plans (more traditional without any specific food restrictions), and Vegetarian Plans. Each set of plans are customised according to your weight (65kgs or less, 66-80kgs, 81-100kgs, and 100kg+). All from a registered dietician.
4) EXERCISE PLANS page contains all of the download links for the exercise plans as well as instructions on how to pick the right plan for you. Right now, there are Strength + Cardio Plans as well as just Cardio / HIIT Plans for at home. Then there are Strength + Cardio Plans for training at the gym. We have a mixture of Absolute Beginner, Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced gym plans from 3 different exercise experts. We also have some bonus Run / Swim / Cycle plans such as Couch to 5km Running, Couch to 10km Running, Couch to 1km Swimming, Couch to 2km Swimming, and Couch to 40km Cycling.
5) PRIZES page just contains a recap of all the prizes up for grabs.
6) RESOURCES page contains a whole bunch of extra resources such as Toolkit Worksheets (calendars, progress trackers, etc), Challenge Prep Video Series from Elan and I, Bonus Expert Content and Advice from our Sports Scientist and Registered Dietician who put together our exercise and nutrition plans, the Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide that we have on our website, as well as a long list of useful articles and resources that we have collected from around the web over the years.
How it works:
OK, so how does the challenge ACTUALLY work?
1) You start your challenge by submitting your Before Measurements and Before Photos at the start of your desired “Heat”.
2) There are 5 different heats to choose from, each starting on a consecutive Monday. For example, Heat 1 starts on the 11th of Feb, Heat 2 starts on the 18th of Feb… Heat 5 starts on the 11th of March.
3) In the INSTRUCTIONS Page, you will see a table containing all of the different heat start dates, as well as instructions + links for submitting your photos and measurements.
4) Throughout the 8 weeks, after you have started your heat, you will be required to complete 3 different progress check-ins (they are spaced 2 weeks apart).
5) Again, there are instructions + links for submitting your check-ins in the INSTRUCTIONS Page in the vault.
6) Finally, at the end of your challenge, you will need to submit your final After Measurements and After Photos to display the progress you have made.
7) What you do between the Start and End of your 8-weeks is up to you. You can join a team, which helps (they usually recruit members in the Sleekgeek 8-Week Transformation Challenge group), you can work hard or do nothing at all – it’s up to you.
8) Throughout the 8-week challenge, we do send you almost daily emails walking you through the process with instructions, motivational content, reminders, and so on.
9) We are also always available in the Sleekgeek 8-Week Transformation Challenge group (and in the main Sleekgeek group) to chat to or answer questions. In fact, we will be doing the challenge ourselves along with everyone else.
10) Once all 5 heats have finished, we compile all of the results that get submitted to us and then send it off to the judges for judging.
11) We then announce the winners a bit later on and award prizes to those who won!
Any other questions?
Let me know in the comments below or shoot us an email to email@example.com