A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Dinner.
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Adding paprika or chilli flakes to the garlic butter will add a bit of spice to the meal.
- You can squeeze a bit of lemon over the fish should you wish.
- 800g fish fillets, fresh or frozen (eg hake, angel fish, basa, kingklip)
- 400g mixed vegetables, fresh or frozen
- Smart Carb
- 400g tin of lentils in brine
- Healthy Fat
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Few sprigs of thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200?. Grease an ovenproof dish with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Make the garlic butter by adding the butter and garlic to a small bowl and mixing together with a fork. Set aside.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the oven dish. Use a combination of your favourite vegetables, chopped into bite sized pieces, or frozen premixed vegetables.
- Add the fish fillets on top of the vegetables, and top with the garlic butter (divide the garlic butter equally amongst the fillets). Season with salt and pepper.
- If using thyme, add a few sprigs onto the fish as well.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, drain a tin of lentils and add the lentils to the dish. Return the dish to the oven and bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!