A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Dinner.
- Serves: 1 Woman’s portion or double up for a male portion (see full portion control guide here).
- Adding paprika or chilli flakes to the garlic butter will add a bit of spice to the meal.
- You can squeeze a bit of lemon over the fish should you wish.
- 200g fish fillets, fresh or frozen (eg hake, angel fish, basa, kingklip)
- 200g mixed vegetables, fresh or frozen
- Smart Carb
- 100g tin of lentils in brine
- Healthy Fat
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- 1/4 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Few sprigs of thyme (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200?. Grease an ovenproof dish with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Make the garlic butter by adding the butter and garlic to a small bowl and mixing together with a fork. Set aside.
- Add the mixed vegetables to the oven dish. Use a combination of your favourite vegetables, chopped into bite sized pieces, or frozen premixed vegetables.
- Add the fish fillets on top of the vegetables, and top with the garlic butter (divide the garlic butter equally amongst the fillets). Season with salt and pepper.
- If using thyme, add a few sprigs onto the fish as well.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, drain a tin of lentils and add the lentils to the dish. Return the dish to the oven and bake for a further 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).