A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Breakfast.
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portion (see full portion control guide here).
- This recipe doesn’t include any vegetables compared to our usual Healthy Meal Template recommendations and Portion Control Guide.
- Feel free to grab some quick and easy veg to snack on as a side dish, like carrots, baby tomatoes, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, cucumber, etc.
- This recipe uses 1 scoop of whey protein powder as an OPTIONAL alternative to the eggs. See the Sleekgeek Protein Supplement Guide for more info on protein powders.
- The serving sizes of the protein powder that you use could vary based on your product and brand of choice. Go with their recommended serving size / scoop (it should provide around 18-23g of protein per serving).
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ cups milk of your choosing
- 1 scoop whey protein powder [optional instead of the eggs] (see recipe notes above)
- None in this recipe (see recipe notes above)
- Smart Carb
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 4 strawberries, chopped
- 20 blueberries
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- Healthy Fat
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup mixed nuts
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add oats and mix well until the oats are coated in butter. Stir in the salt.
- Add the water and give it a mix, then add the milk and cinnamon. Bring to boil. (Keep your eye on it to prevent it boiling over, and stir occasionally to keep it from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan.)
- Lower the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from stove, crack the eggs into the saucepan, and mix thoroughly.*Add whey protein powder in now and mix well, if using.
- Allow to cool slightly (it will thicken further when cooled, therefore should you find it’s too thick for your taste, add 2 tbsp milk at a time until you get your desired consistency).
- Divide between 4 bowls and top with equal quantities of chopped strawberries, blueberries, dried cranberries and nuts with a drizzle of honey, if desired.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!