A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Lunch
- Serves: 1 Woman portions or double up for a male portion (see full portion control guide here).
- The portions in this recipe are a little more on the lower-carb and higher-fat side compared to our standard portion control guide.
- Feel free to increase the carbs (corn) and decrease the fat (oil / seeds / olives) if you would prefer something more balanced.
- Otherwise, give it a try as the meal is and see how you feel. A bit of experimentation and flexibility in your nutrition plan is a good thing.
- 1 tin tuna in brine
- 1/2 cups shredded cabbage (red and green)
- Smart Carb
- 1/4 cup baby corn, roughly chopped
- Healthy Fat
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp seed mix of your choosing (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, sesame etc)
- 5 pitted olives
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Start by preparing the vegetables and tuna. You can either buy prepacked shredded cabbage or you can chop up some whole cabbage with a knife (as finely as you can). Then, chop the baby corn into pieces, roughly ½cm or so, and set aside in a separate bowl. Drain the brine from the tins of tuna, and set the tuna aside.
- Add avocado oil into the frying pan over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage, salt and pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Time to plate up – add cabbage. Then add tuna, over the cabbage. Next, throw in a few pieces of baby corn. Spoon on the seed mix, and add 2-3 olives.
- Drizzle another ½ teaspoon of avocado oil, over the assembled ingredients, and garnish with fresh coriander (if using).
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).