A delicious healthy recipe by Lifestyle Chef Izelle Hoffman.
- Recommended for: Replacing any meal, but super convenient for a quick and healthy breakfast.
- Prep time: 5 mins
- Serves: 1 Women’s portion (for men, just double up ingredients – see full portion control guide here).
- This recipe doesn’t include any vegetables compared to our usual Healthy Meal Template recommendations and Portion Control Guide.
- Feel free to grab some quick and easy veg to snack on as a side dish, like carrots, baby tomatoes, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, cucumber, etc.
- Adding in a side of veg is a great way to make a smoothie feel more filling and substantial too.
- If you aren’t so sure about using egg whites, you could always experiment with a vanilla or unflavoured protein powder instead.
- Protein (1 palm)
- 90ml liquid egg whites or 3 egg whites
- Colourful Veg (1 fist)
- None in this recipe.
- Smart Carb (1 cupped hand)
- 1 medium fresh or frozen banana (preferably frozen)
- Healthy Fat (1 thumb)
- 1 tsp unsweetened almond butter
- 100ml unsweetened almond milk
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp caramel essence
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 tsp raw honey (optional)
- mint leaves (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend till smooth.
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).