Here’s a quick Q&A with Cobus Tromp who came 4th in the men’s transformation category in the latest 8-week Ultimate You Challenge.
- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
I had been actively training from around Feb 2016,lost 21kgs in 2 months but had absolutely no direction what I wanted to do. So, starting building a little and it wasn’t untill Sleekgeek when I decided I want to transform my body to the type of guy who could show off at the beach. Sleekgeek got me started on that and now I am taking it day to day to improve.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
My girlfriend knew a previous winner and told me their story, so I was instantly motivated to do the same.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
My nutrition was based on a low carb, high protein diet. Cut out sugar as much as possible, and no bread, pasta etc. Had maybe too many cheat days, but I learned that it’s all about diet! 75% diet and 25% training.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
Went with 5 day routine that included cardio daily and different muscle groups each day. Mon – Tri’s and Chest. Tue – Back and Biceps. Wed – Quads, hamstring, abs. Thurs – Shoulders, traps, calves. Friday – muscle recap 2 different sets from all muscle groups .25min cardio on each day.
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
To stand a chance, you have to start and it does get better.
Do what makes you comfortable, and take the correct advice from the correct people.
JUST DO IT.
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
Loved the rewards and support in the challenge and realized it’s not about just winning but improving yourself that matters. Stepping stone to achieve better in the next phase of improvement.
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program in July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!