Here’s a quick Q&A with Theo White, our 2nd place winner in the latest 8-week Ultimate You Challenge.
- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
I used to be in and out of the gym a lot, not training for more than a month or two. And for the last 2/3 years not really bothering at all with fitness and eating healthy. I’d eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and that led me to go from a size 32 to a 34 pants and it didnt bother me. Then a week before I got married last year I tried on my suit to make sure everything was still fitting fine. Only to find that a 34 pants didn’t close around my belly anymore. I refused to buy a 36 pants so my wife to be’s aunt made an extender so it would close. On our honeymoon I always wore a shirt as I was embarrassed. When we got back my bosses and colleagues would rag me about being 6 months pregnant. My boss took a bet with that I wouldn’t loose weight in 6 months. I did but not as much as I wanted.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
My wife signed us both up for the challenge.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
I was on a strict high low carb day cycle diet, lots of chicken, ostrich, tuna and fish.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
Did high intensity cardio before every training session. Also did weights every night, trained 5 -6 times a week. Also partook in 2 beast challenges within that time.
- Did you use any supplements or do anything else worth mentioning to help you get results?
I used NutriTech supplements : creatine, amino blast, Faso NO3 and nitro cut, BCAA and glutamine.
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
Most valuable was the support I receieved from friends, colleges and my wife, without her I wouldn’t have gotten this far. But also my Lifeline support group and trainer, they all kept me going.