Here’s a quick Q&A with Sandra Brodie, our 4th place winner in the latest 8-week Ultimate You Challenge.
- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
This was my second challenge. So I have kind of been sticking to this path for a few months now. Although I did take this challenge more seriously than the last.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Challenge?
I joined this one because I came 49th in the last challenge, and I know I’m better than that.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
I followed a moderate carb plan. I had toast and eggs from breakfast and then a protein shake at 11am then again at 2pm. Then we ate only protein and veggies for dinner.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
I went to the gym as often as I could. I did a little bit of cardio, but mostly weights. I also walked over 12000 per day.
- Did you use any supplements or do anything else worth mentioning to help you get results?
I didn’t use anything except USN protein meal replacement powder.
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
Do your best. Work hard and train harder. There is no point in being complacent. You have to want to be on the top. And trust me, it’s worth it.
Also, drink lots of water. I know that you have heard this all before. But it’s really true. In fact, it’s a must!
Believe in yourself. Even if you are having a bad day. Let it be just that. A bad DAY. Don’t let it become a bad week or month.
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
The support from the Facebook group. That was the best part. Oh, and my nice ass!