- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
I always enjoyed exercising, and have never been ‘overweight’ as such, however I would consider myself to be ‘skinny fat’. My diet was never really on point. Learning new ways to make healthy food was a big plus, as I was always under the impression that healthy food was not appetising.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
I had a friend who recommended it to me. Always up for a challenge J
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
Nutrition plan was predominantly moderate carb Paleo plan, I tried to incorporate as many Reboot rules as I could.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
I used my own training plan, which included both strength training, steady cardio and HIIT cardio.
- Did you use any supplements or do anything else worth mentioning to help you get results?
Only whey protein powder.
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
Alcohol – avoid
Rather have a small cheat once in a while than completely avoid cheat meals, as that leads to a binge
HIIT cardio is the way to go!
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
My team was quite awesome, we had a lot of laughs along the way. The support on Facebook is great, and there is always somebody who is willing to help. Lots of great food ideas that people post too!