Here’s a quick Q&A with our 3rd place women’s transformation winner, Carmen Hubach. Carmen achieved her fantastic results in the 8 Week Ultimate You Challenge.
- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
I have always tried to live a healthy lifestyle, I just couldn’t find the motivation to do so. I would eat healthy and train for a week and then I would give up and go back to my old ways, I truly struggled to get onto the right path. I used to always get demotivated if I ate and trained well and never saw results (I expected to see results too soon and I let myself down each time).
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
I actually came across it on my Mobicred account, I was looking around and saw the challenge, as soon as I read the website I contacted my hubby and said that we HAVE to join as I wanted to work on my body before the holidays. So, I joined the same day and I am so happy that I did.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
I tried to follow the Paleo Low Carb Diet but I truly, truly struggled, so my husband and I followed our own eating plan. I basically just cut out all the nonsense that my body does not need and replaced that with nutritional food. I gave up unhealthy carbs and replaced it with carbs that are doable (not after lunch) and ate plenty of veggies, but I do believe if I pushed through and tried harder on the eating plan my body would’ve adjusted.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
I followed the ULTIMATE YOU Fitness101 Intermedi
- Did you take any supplements during the challenge, or anything else that helped you achieve your results?
I tried using the Ripped Femme but I did not follow through (I am terrible at taking tablets).
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
The first three weeks are the toughest, if you can get through that then you are set to accomplish great things! PUSH through, and you will never want to go back.
Do not expect to see results after a week, do not give up if you do not see results within two, keep going!
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
I am so happy! I now have something to look forward to every day, I don’t just wake up, work and go home, I now feel I have meaning and I’m excited to wake up in the mornings!
I have never gotten to this point where I actually want to train, where I actually don’t make excuses to skip gym, I now think twice before I eat or drink something!
There is no one else to thank but this challenge!