- Give us a short history of your journey to health and fitness before the challenge.
I have always been a yo-yo dieter. You develop a mind set of – If I really want to lose weight – I can. When I do something – I do it 110%. I would lose the weight, something happens and everything spirals out of control. That”s when my hard work goes out the window and I regain all the weight and extra. It was never a huge deal as I knew I could lose it again. Since starting my very first challenge – I have gotten much better. You learn to take each day as it comes.
- What prompted you to join the ULTIMATE YOU Transformation Challenge?
I joined the first challenge in January and had fun doing it. Now I join each challenge to get me closer to my goal. It helps me stay focused and not lose track and derail.
- Give us a quick overview of the nutrition and eating plan that you followed during the challenge.
The first month I mainly had meal replacement shakes and protein with veggies for dinner. The 2nd month I followed the meal plan from the Cabbage soup diet. I’ve followed it before and achieved good results. I don’t like following the same meal plan for long because I don’t want my body to get used it. I have better progress when I change it up a bit.
- Give us a quick overview of the training and exercise plan that you followed during the challenge.
I went to the gym 5 times a week – didn’t really have an exercise plan. Mainly did cardio. Over the weekends I did a lot of walking 🙂 Haven’t done any weight training yet. But maybe in my next challenge I will give it a go.
- Did you use any supplements or do anything else worth mentioning to help you get results?
I did use supplements. I received a voucher from the previous challenge and thought it would be a great time to try something. The product I used was Chronicle nutrition lipo switch & lipo activator for the first month of the challenge. It did give me some good results 🙂
- If you could give 3 pieces of advice to future challengers, what would they be?
I would give future challengers the following advice:
– Stay focused and consistent. Nothing happens over night.
– Don’t focus on the numbers from the scale. There are other ways to measure your progress.
– Have fun exercising and not see it as a punishment. Find something that you enjoy doing – Dancing etc.
- What did you find most valuable about your experience?
The thing I found most valuable is that I shouldn’t compare the results from each challenge. Even though I put more time into exercising and ate differently in this challenge, I lost less weight and cm. It is disheartening when you don’t see the results you think you deserve, but at the end of the day – as long as you’re moving forward, even if its slower, it’s a wonderful achievement in itself.