Welcome to Day 30 of Sleekgeek’s free 30-Day You Healthy Habits Challenge!
Each day for the next 30 days you will receive 1 task to complete in order to help you eat, move, think, or sleep better.
Today’s task is 5 minutes of deep breathing:
Breathing is automatic. We know this. But how often do we actually pay attention to the simple act of inhaling and exhaling. We’ve taught you to eat mindfully, to meditate, to be creative with your food and exercise. Today we are going to show you how breathing deeply can help you to be healthier.
Breathing deeply and mindfully has a number of health benefits such as:
- Increased circulation.
- Reduced anxiety.
- Helps alleviate constipation.
- Increased flow of oxygen to heart, brain and other organs.
- Respiratory system works better.
How to complete today’s task:
- Sit in a quiet spot with no distractions – no phone, no tv, no people.
- Concentrate on drawing in slow deep breaths and releasing them slowly.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- Breathe slowly and mindfully for 5 minutes.
CONGRATULATIONS for making it to day 30. We hope you’ve learned something along the way and that your new healthy habits stick with you for life!
If you have just stumbled on this page sign up for Sleekgeek’s full 30-Day Healthy Habits Challenge right here. It is 100% free.
WANT MORE OF THIS KIND OF THING?
- Read our blog post on Simple Stress Management.
- Read Precision Nutrition’s blog post on Good Stress, Bad, Stress: Finding Your Sweet Spot.