(Last updated 26 August 2021)
Entry criteria and rules
In order to qualify to win a prize in the SLEEKGEEK 8-WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE you must do the following:
- Complete the official registration form
- Make payment of your full challenge entry fee
- Submit your “before” photos and measurements accurately as instructed at start date of your challenge
- Complete an 8-week Challenge during the HEAT period of your choice.
- Submit all required “Check-ins” during the challenge.
- Submit your “after” photos and measurements on the final day of your 8-week challenge.
- Photo and measurement submissions must meet the stipulated requirements for consideration.
- At your start and end dates of the challenge measurement and photo submissions may be made from Sunday morning to Midnight on Tuesday of the start date.
- The onus is entirely on the challenger to submit all required information during the challenge.
- Sleekgeek takes no responsibility for lost or unsuccessfully submitted information. We may check submissions as a courtesy but the responsibility of meeting judging requirements rests with the challenger.
How are results judged?
- A diverse panel of skilled judges will select winners based on a qualitative and quantitative assessment.
- Judges reserve the right to abstain from voting for a candidate should they believe for any reason that the results were achieved in a manner not in the spirit of the challenge or falsified. This includes a result that would be deemed “not believable” or “possible” by a reasonable person.
- “Weight loss” is judged by PERCENTAGE OF BODY WEIGHT LOST rounded off to 2 decimal points and verified with photo submissions. (For example if you weigh 100kgs and you lose 10kgs then you lost 10,00% of your body weight.)
- “Transformation” is judged by a person’s progress and change from their Start point “A” to end point “B”. Judges decide who they believe had to do the most work in the 8-Week period. This is judged via visual change and measurements.
- Judges’ decisions are absolutely final and no discussion on results will be entered into. Non negotiable.
- Challengers can only place in one individual category where they place best.
- The staff of the organisers and their sponsors do not interfere with the results during the judging process and cannot be held accountable.
- Buddy Pairs (Teams) can be made of any 2 people of any gender across any of the categories.
- Buddies have to first enter and pay as individual competitors.
- A person may participate in a maximum of 3 BUDDY teams for the competition. So, you are free to partner with a few friends, but only on a 1-1 basis. A team can only be 2 people.
- Your Buddy may participate in any Heat number.
- If a Buddy Team does not have 2 members making the top 10 in their respective category they are not in the running.
- Couples must enter the couples challenge. – you cannot be a Buddy if you are someone’s romantic partner.
- Discounted couples rates are only offered as a discount of full entry rates.
- Teams can be made of any 2 people of any gender across any of the categories who are in a committed relationship.
- Your partner must participate in the same Heat number as you.
- In the case of a dead tie the decision will go to the independent judging panel.
- If a couple does not have 2 members making the top 10 in their respective category they are not in the running.
- If no couples make it to the top 10 of their respective categories the prizes will be deferred to the next challenge.
- You grant THE SLEEKGEEK 8-WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE permission to contact you with information regarding the challenge in the future.
- You grant THE SLEEKGEEK 8-WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE permission to market the challenge and other related products to you in the future. You may opt out at any time.
- The onus is on the challenger to submit all required information during the challenge.
- Challengers grant THE SLEEKGEEK 8-WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE the right to use all submission materials for marketing purposes with the objective to grow the challenge.
- It is possible for a prize to be shared in the case that the judges call a “tie”
- No illegal performance enhancers or any kind of substances are permitted.
- You must be over 18 to participate in this challenge.
- You must be in possession of a South African bank account.
- Physical Products and vouchers that are won will only be delivered in South Africa.
- Expats who enter the challenge will not receive any product or voucher incentives that require overseas delivery.
- There will be no refunds issued due to illness or injury.
- You indemnify THE SLEEKGEEK 8-WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE from any negative outcome associated to advice freely given in the community by its members or staff who are not qualified medical practitioners.
- THE SLEEKGEEK 8-WEEK TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE will NEVER pass your contact details to a 3rd party provider without your express permission.
Money back guarantee
To qualify for our 100% money back refund you agree to show that you made some effort to make the relationship work.
We also ask that you exercise some fairness towards both parties in your consideration. We never want to take your money unfairly but we also run a business and have to pay staff members.
In the end we can never guarantee results because different people’s bodies change at different rates. We can also not physically do the work for you either. We can provide a framework for people to achieve results. Which we do without fail every challenge.
To qualify for the refund we require that:
- You must complete all submissions in the 8-Week process to prove that you have made an effort.
- You do not request a refund unless you genuinely believe that what was explicitly offered in our marketing materials was not delivered.
In order for us to provide you with information about the products and services you have purchased, you accept and agree that:
- Any communication, agreement, or notice relating to your purchase shall be provided to you electronically via the email address provided to SleekGeek
- You will have access to the necessary hardware and software to receive, access, and retain electronic communications sent to you with regards to our products and services
- Communication sent to the email address provided will be deemed to have been received by you
Processing of Personal Information
Sleekgeek South Africa (Pty) Ltd is a business registered and domiciled in the Republic of South Africa, processing data in the Republic of South Africa and, as such, complies with the South African Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013 (POPIA).
Consent to Process Personal Information
In order to partake in the Sleekgeek 8 Week Challenge, receive our services and be considered for prizes, you consent to us collecting, processing, storing and sharing your Personal Information, in order to:
- register you and enroll you in our 8 Week Challenge
- connect you with one of our Coaches or Team Leaders
- communicate with you regarding the products or services you have requested us to provide to you
- subscribe you to our Community Newsletter
- respond to your enquiries or customer service requests
- resolve any disputes or respond to any complaints
- better manage our business and our relationship with you
- conduct administrative and business functions
- verify that payments for our products and services have been processed
- have any prizes won from us delivered to you or to pay you for any monetary prizes won
- Refund you with payments made if you are dissatisfied with our products or services
- update our records and keep your Personal Information up to date
- improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services
- notify you about promotions, benefits and changes to our products and services
- collect and publish testimonials and feedback on our products and services subject to your further consent
- register you for any events, seminars or workshops
- enable you effectively to use and to improve our website
- compile website usage statistics
- assess the performance of our website and to improve its operation
Personal Information Accuracy and Completeness
All Personal Information you provide to Sleekgeek via our website, or any other methods of collection such as via email or other communication channel, should be accurate, complete, and up to date. Should your Personal Information change, it is your responsibility to notify us of the change and provide us with up to date information.
Where indicated via our methods of collection such as on our website forms, our online shop or through our payment services providers, it is obligatory for you to provide accurate Personal Information to enable us to provide you with our products and services. Should you decline to provide such information or should the information you provide be incomplete or inaccurate, we may not be able to provide you with the product or services you requested.
Security of Personal Information
Sleekgeek places great importance on ensuring the security of your Personal Information. We make use of appropriate and up to date organisational and technical security measures to protect all Personal Information in our possession. We regularly review our security measures and ensure all Employees and Business Partners are trained to handle Personal Information securely, with the utmost respect, and in compliance with POPIA.
As a Responsible Party, Sleekgeek will notify you and the relevant supervisory authority as soon as we become aware of any data breach that is likely to result in the unauthorised access or exfiltration of any of your Personal Information or which may result in any risks to your privacy rights and freedoms.
Data Subject Rights
We support the right of Data Subjects to have access to their Personal Information. The Personal Information Sleekgeek collects, processes, stores and shares is necessary for us to provide and improve the services we offer, or to comply with our regulatory and compliance obligations. You have certain rights under data protection law, including the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Information or to request that we:
- provide you with a copy of your Personal Information (including in a format that can be shared with a new provider); or
- correct, delete, or restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
These rights are limited in some situations, such as where we are legally required to process or store your Personal Information, and may limit your ability to use our products and services. If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please send an email to email@example.com with your request.