🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Avoid any electronic screens 2 hours before bed.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Try to avoid any unnecessarily bright light 1-2 hours before going to bed and make your bedroom as dark as possible for when you do go to sleep.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us, in the Sleekgeek Sleep Challenge Support Group, what you plan to do tonight instead of being on an electronic device or looking at a bright screen before going to bed.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
We also explained how melatonin plays an important role in regulating our internal sleep-wake clock called as well as how blue light (e.g. from electronic screens) can interfere with this process and disrupt your sleep.
If you haven’t read Day 5’s challenge for whatever reason, we recommend that you go through it first before continuing with this one.
Today, your mission is to reduce the amount of bright light that you are exposed to from electronic devices for the 2 hours before bedtime.
📵 How to complete today’s task:
Your top priority is to avoid all electronic screens and bright light as much as possible in the 2 hours before bedtime.
We know you are thinking that this is going to be really hard…
But remember, quitting cocaine or cigarettes is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Losing a loved one is hard… Making a small change to less than ½ percent of the 24 hours in your day is not hard – it’s just uncomfortable and different.
1-2 hours before going to bed:
- Turn off any unnecessary lighting. Opt for softer, warmer, dimmer lights – think “romantic candlelit dinner” if you can.
- Avoid watching TV, being on your computer, looking at your mobile phone or tablet, or anything else that has a bright screen. This is HARD, but it’s absolutely critical!
- If you like to read before bed, read a real book or a tablet (like certain Kindles) that do not have any backlighting at all.
- If you don’t like to read but still want something to do, how about listening to some relaxing music or grabbing one of those adult colouring books?
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.