🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Spend at least 5 minutes today “blowing off steam”.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us, in the Sleekgeek Sleep Challenge Support Group, what energetic activities you like to do to help yourself de-stress.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
Earlier this week on Day 8 we asked you to find your Zen. Today, we want you to do the opposite – sort of.
Finding your Zen was all about finding gentle, peaceful, and calming ways to help yourself feel truly relaxed.
Blowing off steam, on the otherhand, is all about finding energetic, possibly even aggressive or wild ways to get the blood pumping and blow off some pent-up stress.
😤 Use It Or Lose It:
Sometimes calming and meditative activities just aren’t enough or they aren’t appropriate for the kind of stress that you might be dealing with.
Keeping stress bottled up isn’t healthy. You need to find ways to let it go.
Rather than accidentally losing your temper with your friends and loved ones, it’s important to find healthy ways to use that energy in a healthy way.
Use it or lose it.
Here are some ideas that might help:
- Play a competitive sport or game
- Scream into your pillow
- Lift weights at the gym
- Go for a run
- Punch a punching bag or pillow
- Do something creative and expressive
- Blast your favourite high-energy music
- Angry-clean something (yes, like rage-filled vacuuming)
While we recommend proactively building in “find your Zen” activities into your daily life, “blowing off steam” should be used more reactively as and when needed.
Try to keep these energetic and aggressive forms of stress-relief to during the day and not right before bed time.
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.