🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Spend 5 minutes today deliberately chasing relaxation by “finding your zen”.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us, in the Sleekgeek Sleep Challenge Support Group, what helps you to feel truly calm, relaxed, and peaceful.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
It’s common to get caught up in a whirlwind of plans, to-do lists, and deadlines. In fact for many of us, this is the day-to-day norm.
Rarely do we find ourselves relaxing, unwinding, and de-stressing enough to balance this out.
This can be a challenge when trying to get peaceful and restorative sleep.
Relaxation doesn’t happen by accident in today’s busy world, so today’s mission is all about making it a deliberate choice.
🧘 Find Your Zen:
The Japanese word “Zen” can be roughly translated as “meditative state“.
Today we want to find out what puts you in a calming, relaxing, and peaceful Zen-like state.
- What calms you?
- What makes you feel more relaxed and at peace?
- What slows life down for you?
- What takes away your worries?
- What brings out joy and happiness for you?
- What makes your life feel simpler and easier?
You can contrast “finding your Zen” with the idea of “blowing off steam”. The former is all about finding gentle and peaceful ways to truly relax, while the latter is all about energetically relieving stress in a way that gets your blood pumping.
While getting into a Zen-like state may sound boring or too simple for some, we’d like you to reframe this mission as chasing relaxation.
In today’s busy world, we need to make sure that we deliberately chase relaxation and find our Zen on a daily basis to balance out the incoming stress of day-to-day life.
Do this regularly and you’ll find yourself sleeping better and more easily.
🧩 Zen-ful Ideas:
The things that relax us are different for everyone, you might have to experiment to find what works best for you.
The key is that it must be a calming, peaceful, non-stimulating activity.
Here are some ideas that you could try:
- Listening to music
- Being in nature
- Snuggling with a love one or pet
- Getting a massage
- Having your back tickled
- Yoga, gentle mobility, or stretching exercises
- A warm bath or shower
- Having sex
- Colouring in
- Building a puzzle
- Cleaning or tidying up
- Deep breathing exercises
Some of these activities might be better suited to doing before bed while others may more appropriate in the morning or during the day. Do whatever feels right and convenient.
Things to avoid:
- Watching TV or movies
- Playing video games
- Social media or the Internet
- Moderate or vigorous exercise
While the above things to avoid may indeed help you relax, unwind, and de-stress, they’re still stimulating and potentially stressful. Rather than looking for distraction, challenge yourself to truly find your Zen.
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.