🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Don’t drink any alcohol today.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us, in the Sleekgeek Sleep Challenge Support Group, whether you normally drink alcohol frequently and consistently or not.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
This may come as a surprise, but drinking alcohol in the evening can actually DECREASE the quality of your sleep.
Yes, we know that many people find that alcohol helps them feel relaxed and even sleepy. Plus, if you drink too much then it completely knocks you out…
BUT… drinking alcohol (like caffeine) can actually interfere with your body’s ability to go into deep and restorative sleep.
So even though drinking alcohol may help you feel more relaxed and fall asleep quicker, you won’t get any of that really good quality deep sleep that you need to wake up and feel amazing the next morning.
For this reason, your mission is a simple one: Skip the booze today / tonight.
And then, be mindful in the future that every time you say “yes” to alcohol you might be saying “no” to a good night of sleep.
💰 Do your drinks add value?
Something else that you may want to bring to your attention (for everything you drink, not just alcohol) is the quality of what you’re drinking.
- Do your drinks make your body, performance, and/or recovery better?
- Do they add value?
- Or do your drinks make your body, performance, and/or recovery worse?
- Do they subtract value?
- Are they moving you closer to or further away from your goals?
All we want you to do here is make each drink a conscious choice, rather than a mindless one.
🤩 Remember the “Future You”:
There’s nothing wrong with a bit of alcohol now and then – at Sleekgeek we believe that nothing should be off-limits.
But, it is important to understand the consequences and manage your own expectations.
Other than alcohol decreasing the quality of your sleep, it also:
- Adds a large amount of unnecessary calories (which can make weight loss much more difficult), and
- It can impair your judgement (leading to poorer decisions and food choices).
Most healthy and fit people drink very little alcohol.
They may drink it occasionally, but they don’t do it frequently and consistently. It’s not part of their habits, values, or identity. And it certainly doesn’t line up with their goals.
On Day 1 of this challenge, we asked you to visualise the “Future You” where you’re waking up feeling refreshed, energised, and well-rested every single morning…
Which is more important to you? Fulfilling your why and achieving your goals? Or drinking an excessive amount of alcohol?
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.