👋 Welcome to Day 49 of the Challenger’s Journey!
Each day for 8 weeks we’re going to help you think, eat, move, or sleep better.
- Each week we will be focusing on 1 of the 4 pillars at a time.
- Each day we will challenge you to take action with a daily mission that you need to complete.
Here’s a quick snapshot of what Week 7 looks like:
Today’s 🎯 Mission:
This is what you need to do in order to successfully complete today’s challenge mission.
- ✅ Pick one basic yoga posture demonstrated in the link below and give it a try. Feel free to try more if you wish.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us which posture you did and how it went in the Sleekgeek Facebook Group on Facebook. Bonus points if you can post a pic of yourself doing it!
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
⚠️ Click here if you need a reminder about how this challenge works and what the rules are.
More ? Info:
There’s a saying, “I bend so I don’t break”.
Most of us living in this modern day and age definitely need a little bit more bending and a little bit less breaking.
By practicing a small handful of basic yoga postures, one can benefit from increased flexibility, mobility, balance, and strength.
While yoga is often seen as a standalone practice that is reserved for only certain people, the reality is that there are people from all walks of life in all different shapes and sizes practicing and benefiting from yoga in some way.
In fact, very often, a few basic yoga postures can go a long way to complimenting many other athletic and exercise routines.
Yoga can help by taking your body through a variety of full ranges of motion that can help relieve tension and counteract many of the overly repetitive movements that we tend to do on a daily basis.
Healthline do a great job of explaining more about the history and practice of yoga, if you wish to know more.
For example, “The Eight Limbs of Yoga”:
More relevant to us right now though, they also walk you through a few of the basic yoga postures that you can do, such as:
- Downward-Facing Dog
- Warrior I
- Warrior II
- Tree Pose
- Seated Forward Fold
- Bridge Pose
- Supine Twist
- Breathing Exercises
- Mindfulness and Meditation Exercises
For full instructions on these, read their Definitive Guide to Yoga.
Fill in the form below once you’re done so that we can keep track of your progress.
We’ll be awarding spot prizes to deserving challengers as they progress along the Challenger’s Journey.