Introducing the Sleekgeek ” BOOMSQUAD” which is the official “welcome committee” and cheerleading team of the Sleekgeek community.
It is made up of people who believe in the Sleekgeek mission to change the world by inspiring others to a healthy lifestyle.
We want Sleekgeek to be the most positive, encouraging and uplifting place on the internet so that people can have their best shot of winning on their journey.
We want members to feel supported and know that they are never alone on their journey!
We want to promote a culture where people feel they have 1000s of people shouting for them!
This team will also contribute to create a buzz of conversation, engagement and activity in the community.
In a world where this journey to health is a lonely one we want to make sure that members in Sleekgeek are made to feel welcome, heard and valued.
How does this differ from the Sleekgeek Modsquad – our moderation team?
They are the keepers of the Sleekgeke Code to Uplift, Respect and Inspire.
The mission of the BOOMSQUAD
To promote an environment and culture in the Sleekgeek community where:
- Achievements are actively and noticeably cheered.
- Struggles are acknowledged and interacted with.
- New members are made to feel welcome and special.
- New members are guided to find their feet in Sleekgeek.
- NO Sleekgeek is left behind.
- The community is upbeat and always feels ALIVE!
Agreement of a BOOMSQUAD Member
As an extended representative of the Sleekgeek team a BOOMSQUAD member agrees to:
- Uphold the SG code – Respect, Uplift, Inspire
- Be a positive Sleekgeek role model (this does not mean being perfect with your health but just being an all round good person)
- Be positive!
- Show no favouritism or bias
- Do not use Sleekgeek status for financial gain
- Be patient
- Willing to show up for the community regularly
- Be active!
Requirements of team members
A Boom Squad member:
- Has been part of the Sleekgeek Community for a minimum of 6 months.
- Is not offering any health and fitness services for financial gain. (Coaching etc)
- Has time to dedicate to be active on the group.
- Is comfortable engaging, sharing on social media.
- Personally welcomes members by name and asking them what they can be helped with and then directing them to the correct place.
Our team members are volunteers and give their valuable time because they love the community and what it stands for.
Please give them your support.
Your fearless leader,