Success! Sleekgeek salutes you for rising to the challenge and committing yourself to building healthy habits!
You will find instructions on how to do each daily habit below. We also sent you an email with links to all the habits and details. If you do not see it then please check your spam/junk folder too thanks. Any problems please contact us via email@example.com
Please bookmark this page so that you can return each day to find out what your next daily habit is.
Below you will find a list of all 30 habits. Just click on the link to view the individual habit instruction page.
If you want to re-read the original challenge description, you can do so at www.sleekgeek.co.za/habits.
Please note: You need to bookmark this page and return daily to read each habit instruction.
- Day 1 – [EAT] Eat Slowly and Mindfully
- Day 2 – [MOVE] Walk 6,000 Steps
- Day 3 – [THINK] List 5 Things That You Are Grateful For
- Day 4 – [SLEEP] No Caffeine After 1pm
- Day 5 – [EAT] Eat Green Veggies With Dinner
- Day 6 – [MOVE] Do 50 Squats
- Day 7 – [THINK] Take a Photo of Yourself in Your Underwear
- Day 8 – [SLEEP] Get 8 Hours of Sleep
- Day 9 – [EAT] Drink 8 Glasses of Water
- Day 10 – [MOVE] Walk 8,000 Steps
- Day 11 – [THINK] Do Something That Makes You Laugh
- Day 12 – [SLEEP] Block Out Light at Night
- Day 13 – [EAT] Journal Everything That You Eat
- Day 14 – [MOVE] Do 50 Push-Ups
- Day 15 – [THINK] Tell Someone How Much They Mean to You
- Day 16 – [SLEEP] No Electronic Screens 2 Hours Before Bed
- Day 17 – [EAT] Eat a Healthy Lunch
- Day 18 – [MOVE] Walk 10,000 Steps
- Day 19 – [THINK] Create a Positive Mantra
- Day 20 – [SLEEP] Do a Brain Dump Before Bed
- Day 21 – [EAT] Try a New Healthy Recipe
- Day 22 – [MOVE] Do 50 Burpees
- Day 23 – [THINK] List 3 Things That You Love About Yourself
- Day 24 – [SLEEP] Do 10 Minutes of Meditation Before Bed
- Day 25 – [EAT] Consume No Added Sugar
- Day 26 – [MOVE] Plank For As Long As You Can
- Day 27 – [THINK] Set 3 Health Goals
- Day 28 – [SLEEP] No Snoozing For The Next 3 Days
Rules: You must complete all 30 habits in 30 days:
Taken individually, the habits are actually fairly easy. The real challenge, however, is sticking to the plan and completing all 30 habits in 30 days. Put an end to Monday-morning-resolutions and then Friday-night-fallings-off-the-wagon. It’s time to commit to a full 30 days!
- If you are successful at completing the habit for the day, you are done with that habit. You can then focus on completing the next habit the next day.
- However, if you are unable to complete the habit for the day (e.g. Day 5), then the next day (e.g. Day 6) you need to re-do the previous day’s habit that you failed and also complete the current day’s habit (e.g. Day 5 + Day 6).
- If you don’t manage to complete more than one day’s habit in a row (e.g. you don’t do Day 5, Day 6, and Day 7’s habits) we recommend that you only try to catch up two habits at a time (starting with the earliest one missed paired with your current day’s habit – better hope it’s not double movement habits!) or start again from Day 1. There is no shame in re-starting, as long as you don’t give up!
Please understand that we don’t expect you to continue to do every single habit every single day. They don’t compound over time.
For example: On Day 20 you aren’t doing 20 different habits all at once. Instead, you are just focusing on only what you need to do for your current day (such as Day 20’s habit only).
Habits take time to build and evidence shows that focusing on one habit at a time rather than multiple habits at a time leads to a greater success rate of the habit actually sticking. So instead, we hope you look at this Healthy Habit Challenge as a quick introduction to various healthy habits that we believe in at Sleekgeek. Once you’ve completed the challenge you can then come back to work on specific habits, one at a time, that really stood out for you.
(For the record, we recommend that when it comes to building long-term habits, you focus on one habit at a time for at least a 2 week period where you are consistently doing the habit every single day before moving on to the next one.)
The habits can be completed however you want throughout the day:
- Some habits (such as eating green veggies with dinner) require only a single action that day.
- Other habits (such as eating slowly and mindfully) are to be done at every possible opportunity.
- Other habits still (such as doing 50 squats) can be done however you want.
Yes, doing 50 of just about any exercise can sound like a lot, especially if you don’t usually exercise.
However, remember that this is meant to be challenging AND you have a full 24 hours to complete that habit in.
Here are some examples:
- If your habit is 50 Squats, you can do them all in one go or you can break them up into, for example, 5 sets of 10 Squats at a time.
- If your habit is 50 Burpees, you can do them all in one go or you can break them up into, for example, 10 sets of 5 Burpees at a time.
- If your habit is to walk 10,000 steps, you can go for an 8km walk or just walk enough throughout the day to rack up 10,000 steps or a total of 8km.
You can make the habits easier or harder:
What’s challenging, healthy, and still realistic for one person can be very different for another.
This is why this challenge is just a rough template and with each habit you will be given further instructions on how to do the habit and how to scale the habit difficulty up or down if needed.
- Join the Healthy Habits Facebook Group to interact with fellow challengers and share your progress.
- Use the hashtags #sleekgeek #healthyhabits on your Facebook / Instagram / Twitter posts.
Weekly calendar printables:
Try one of these next:
We look forward to a healthier and happier you!
– Team Sleekgeek