🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Write down 3-5 self-soothing affirmations that you can easily reference at any time. (You may borrow some of ours or write your own)
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share your affirmations with us, in the Stress Management Support Group
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
🦸♀️ Be your own hero
Sometimes we find ourselves alone and we have to be our own best cheerleaders. We have to be our own heroes.
Having some words top of mind is very useful in moments that are challenging to deal with. They can help prevent our stress from snowballing into anxiety and panic.
In that moment our thoughts can be reassured with an affirmation that you have created for yourself that is easy to reference.
Affirmations are statements said with confidence about a perceived truth.
Studies suggest, positive affirmations can help us to respond in a less defensive and resistant way when we’re presented with threats.
When we become stressed and anxious we forget what to do. Keep these affirmations close and on hand so the anxiety does not ramp up.
📋 Make a list:
Using this list may inspire you to write your own. If any of these resonate then please feel free to borrow them.
- This too shall pass.
- I am not in danger right now.
- I have survived all the other stress and panic attacks and I will survive this one too.
- This feels uncomfortable and I can accept it.
- Discomfort is not dangerous.
- I can feel distressed and still deal with the situation.
- This challenge is an opportunity for me to feel discomfort and not feel afraid.
- I can ride this out as it does always pass – as my own experience has already shown me.
- My stress and anxiety in this moment will not kill me.
- So what?
- I am strong and I can deal with this.
- What are 3 things I can do to get myself through the next hour.
- I am not a victim, I am a volunteer.
- What I am feeling or thinking is all temporary.
- I felt this before and nothing happened.
- I can do this.
- Every moment is a fresh beginning.
- I am whole.
- I am enough.
- I am my own superhero.
- I am in charge of how I feel and today I am choosing happiness.
After creating your list of 3-5 self-soothing affirmations today you can use any strategy to keep them easily at hand. For example you could put them in a easy to reference note on your phone or on a post in on your computer. Maybe in your notebook that is in your handbag.
Call on them in a time of need but it is also a good thing to recite and remember them in times of calm so that you may call on them from memory when stress arises.
Feel free to refine, freshen and change your list over time.
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.