🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Worry for 10-15 mins.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share your experience with us in the De-Stress Challenge Support Group
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info
Today we are going to experiment with worrying intensely on purpose!
Crazy… but it might just work for you?
Very simply instead of worrying all day you will allocate a daily time of day and time limit to focus intensely on all your worries. From the smallest to the most distressing.
Plan at least 10-15 minutes in your day where you can find a space to be undisturbed and undistracted. Grab your journal or paper and a pen and a comfortable place to sit and write.
Given enough time and focussed attention even the most upsetting material becomes overly familiar and boring over time. When you do “free-form” worrying without structure you try to distract yourself, argue with yourself and escape to another topic.
To help this process you can:
- List your worries.
- Rank your worries.
- Visualise a worry. Pick one and see the worst come to pass. Over and over again. Imagine the sights, smells and sensations. Avoid trying to imagine alternative scenarios.
- Rate your peak anxiety from 0-100.
- NOW Imagine alternative outcomes. Visualise alternative less stressful outcomes.
- Re-rate your anxiety from 0-100.
- Repeat steps 4-7 with other worries or repeat a worry if it still ranks above 25/100 when you re-rate.
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.