🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ High 5 yourself ✋.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share your experience with us in the De-Stress Challenge Support Group.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info
The task today is to simply high five yourself in the mirror. ✋
It is best to do this first thing in the morning. If you do not manage to do that today that is ok. From now on try and do it when you wake up.
Yes, we know it may be a bit awkward at first but trust us – the impact of the high five is rooted in science.
This simple act rewires how you think about yourself. Your brain is creating new pathways and connections:
“High fiving yourself is a neurobic exercise: a routine activity (such as looking at yourself in the mirror) paired with something unexpected that involves your senses (like giving yourself a high five) elicits an emotion (like celebrating).”
This is what you need to do:
- Look at yourself in the mirror.
- Set an intention for the day. (Think about how you going to show up? What you want to make progress on? What matters to you for that day?) – This is an optional step.
- Raise your hand and high 5 your reflection in the mirror.
This action is going to erase the critic in you and all the messaging associated with the high 5 like “we got this”, “I believe in you”, “keep going”, “pick yourself up”, “come on now” are going to wash over you.
It may sound silly but do this for 5 days and see how you feel!
Watch a video of Mel Robbins talking about the habit below:
Enjoy and of course, high 5 ✋ !
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.