🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Do something that makes you laugh or smile with joy.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share your funny with us in the De-Stress Support Group
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info
We all need to laugh more. Our health depends on it and ‘Laughter is the best medicine.’ Right?
It is time for all of us to lighten up and take everything a little less seriously. Your crisis might not seem half as bad if you can shift your attitude, reframe it and find the humour in the things that frustrate you the most. Appreciate the small things.
Our lives are filled with negative news in the press, work crisis, family crisis, financial stresses and the issues we have about our health and bodies.
In a COVID world filled with a range of fears related to health and finances as a human race we have never been more stressed.
When things are genuinely bad a good belly-aching laugh can still go a long way to offering you relief from the situation.
It is important to your health to find an outlet to create humour, smiles and happiness in your life!
I mean, you try laugh and be angry at the same time – not possible!
You can search the internet for the benefits of laughing and apart from plain old feeling good and spreading positivity, the themes that keep coming up as a result of laughter and smiling are that it:
- Boosts the immune system.
- Improves blood flow, suppresses stress hormones and gives you a burst of energy.
- May positively affect blood sugar levels.
- Helps you cope with difficult situations.
- Promotes positive happy feelings.
- Makes you more attractive to other people.
I am sure you can think of many more benefits. Whether scientific or not there is no denying that when you laugh you feel lighter.
😆 Boost your laughter
Are you afraid you have a poor sense of humour? No problem. Humour can be learned. In fact, developing or refining your sense of humour may be easier than you think.
- Have laughs on hand. These days there are unlimited images and videos shared over social media and the Internet to keep you laughing for weeks. Make an effort to save the ones that make you happy so that they are easy to reference when you need them. For example you could have a folder or hilarious photos in an album on your phone. Or puppies! Who does not love puppies? There is also no end to the comedic material you can find online.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Find a way to laugh about your own situations and watch your stress begin to fade away. Even if it feels forced at first, practice laughing.
- Choose comedy. Next time you want to chill on the weekend rather than going for the heart-wrenching academy award winning drama maybe try opt for something light, silly and frivolous for a change.
- Share a laugh. Make it a habit to spend time with friends who make you laugh. And then return the favour by sharing funny stories or jokes with those around you.
- Find your silly. As adults we are often to afraid to be silly. Endeavour to take yourself less seriously and find your silly goofy playful side. Put on a song you love and dance like nobody is watching! We dare you! Your partners, friends and kids may just love it! Let go because life is to short to be serious all the time.
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.