Welcome to the Sleekgeek Coaching Program!
I’m so excited to have you on board with us for an incredible journey of mental and physical transformation that will get you lasting results you never thought possible.
Over the next few months, coaches Eric, Elan, and I are going to help you make living healthy a habit that is easy, sustainable, and effective so that you can enjoy living your best life.
See you soon!
Head of Sleekgeek Group Coaching.
Please bookmark this page, or write the address (www.sleekgeek.co.za/sg-coaching-vault) down somewhere that you can find it again easily.
⚠️ Important Dates:
- Enrollment Week: 30 July – 08 August 2021.
- Orientation Week: 09 August = 15 August 2021.
(We’ll be sending you an invite to join our online coaching platform this week. There will be some introductory lessons and workshops to complete.)
- Coaching Starts: 16 August 2021.
(Day 1 starts automatically on the first Monday after completing your orientation week tasks.)
We only open enrollment twice a year for 1 week each time, so if you’ve signed up early please hang tight until Orientation Week. In the meantime, come chat to us in the coaching groups below.
🏠 Coaching Groups:
The Sleekgeek Coaching Program happens in two parts.
- PART 1: Our online coaching platform (which you will be introduced to soon) where we deliver lessons, habits, and workouts to you.
- PART 2: Our Facebook and/or WhatsApp Groups where we do the actual coaching and interaction (scroll down for links).
Sleekgeek Coaching Facebook Group:
- This is where most of the coaching happens and it’s extremely important that you bookmark and visit this group frequently to get the full benefit of this coaching program.
- Each day, your coaches will walk you through your current weekly habit and daily lesson, helping you to understand and implement it better, and answering any questions that you might have.
Sleekgeek Coaching WhatsApp Group:
- This is an OPTIONAL group – for both clients and coaches. We recommend muting the group and popping in now and then when you feel like it.
- Feel free to discuss the current weekly habit or daily lesson, ask questions, share your meals and progress, etc.
- However please note that because WhatsApp groups can involve a LOT of discussion, your coaches may not be able to read and answer every message. This is why the Sleekgeek Coaching Facebook Group is the main place to be.
🚀 Getting Started:
Step 1: Check Your Email
On Monday the 9th of August we will start sending out invitations via email to create your coaching account on our online coaching platform.
This is a manual process, so you may receive your email any time between 8am and 5pm.
The email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org titled “[Important Info] Your nutrition program with Sleekgeek Coach” (check your promotions or updates tab if you’re using Gmail).
In that email, you’ll find a link to create your account.
If you haven’t received your invitation by Tuesday the 10th of August, please send an email to Sylvia on email@example.com so that she can help you out.
Step 2: Create Your Account
Part of the account creation process includes a fairly lengthy survey that will tell us some very useful information about who you are and how we can best help you.
This will probably take about 5-10 minutes to complete, but if you get interrupted you can always come back and complete it later.
There’s actually a LOT that you can learn from your Intake Survey.
Check out this video below from Coaches Eric and Elan discussing some of the things you should take note of.
Step 3: Welcome to the Coaching Program!
Once you’ve completed the survey (whew, good job!) you’ll see what’s called the “Today Page“.
It’s called the “Today Page” because everything that you need to focus on (usually today) will be visible here.
Anything else that you complete or miss will be bumped into your “Course Archive” (seen on the left on your PC or in the menu on Mobile) and you can go back to that stuff later if you want.
You’ll always see the “Today Page” when you log in to https://my.precisionnutrition.com (it’s a good idea to bookmark this page).
Read on below to find out more about these tasks.
🤩 Orientation Week:
When: Mon 9th August – 15th August.
Usually your “Today Page” will only things that you have to do TODAY.
But, for Orientation Week, you’ll have the entire week to get these tasks done.
You should see 4 things:
- A “lesson” called “How to use the coaching platform“.
- A “habit” called “How we coach and why“.
- A “review” called “How to measure progress“.
- A “workshop” called “Your first workshop“.
If you want, you can go ahead and complete all of these tasks in one go on Monday.
However, we recommend that you spread them out throughout the week, as it’s quite a lot of content to get through in the first week.
This Sleekgeek Coaching Program is going to require you to come back to the online coaching platform on a near-daily basis to get your latest lesson and habit, so it’s a good idea to use Orientation Week as practice for finding 10-15 minutes a day to log on and “show up for class”.
1) Lesson: How to use the coaching platform
In this lesson, you’ll find out more about how to use the coaching platform.
2) Habit: How we coach and why
In this task, you’ll learn about the “PN Coaching Method” that explains why we coach the way we do.
Understanding the “One Habit Method” is really crucial for effective and sustained long-term success.
Coaches Eric and Elan put together a bonus video talking about their perspective on the One Habit Method that you can watch on YouTube.
You can also get a bit of a visual overview from this graphic on how the Sleekgeek Coaching Program is designed:
It’s also really important to have the right expectations.
One of the key mindset shifts that we want you to get from this coaching program is that you don’t have to be perfect, you just have to be pretty consistent.
Coaches Eric and Elan put together another bonus video on this topic that you can watch on YouTube.
3) Review: How to measure progress
Throughout the coaching program, we’ll help you to keep track of your progress so that you can see whether or not we’re helping you to make the progress that you’d like.
- Every 2 weeks, we’ll ask you to submit your body weight, body girth (in centimetres), a subjective progress update, and any other indicators that are important to you and your goals.
- Every 4 weeks, we’ll ask you to submit all of that as well as a set of front, back, and side photos.
Your first set of “before” measurements will be due on the Saturday of the first week of coaching (the week after Orientation Week).
The review task in your coaching program does a great job of walking you through step-by-step on what you need to do.
But Coaches Eric and Elan put together a bonus video talking you through their opinion on measurements that you can watch on YouTube.
4) Workshop: Your First Workshop!
These workshops are going to blow your mind!
Once a month, Dr. John Berardi and Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon will be there to walk you through an incredible workshop that will get you out of your comfort zone so that you can grow and progress in order to be ready for the next phase of the coaching program.
Here’s a quick recap from coaches Eric and Elan about the monthly workshops that you can watch on YouTube.
🏁 Coaching Starts:
When: Mon 16th of August.
Create a daily routine or schedule:
At Sleekgeek, we’ve coached hundreds of clients through this program and we’ve noticed that the most successful ones are those who have a good routine or schedule that makes sure the work gets done.
This coaching program is all about taking DAILY action.
- Every day, you’ll be given a very specific daily habit to practice and you’ll need to check off “yes” or “no” for whether you did your habit for the day. These habits change every 2 weeks, so it’s important that you practice each habit for the full 14 days that it’s focused on.
- Every day, you’ll also receive a short daily lesson to read or listen to that will support that habit. It will either improve your understanding of how to do the habit, or it will help you work on your mindset so that you’re more likely to do the habit.
The earlier you can get your Sleekgeek Coaching stuff done in the day, the more likely you are to do it.
As the day drags on, the more things pop up and the less time you end up having available to get it done.
We know that most people aren’t morning people, but we’d HIGHLY recommend that you try waking up 15-20 minutes earlier in the morning to do your “coaching routine” before the day gets away from you.
Recipes and Resources:
Throughout the coaching program, we give you mini recipe books, worksheets, infographics, and resources to help support the various habits you’re working on.
We’ve gathered them all up and put them in one place for those who want to look ahead and browse through them to see what might be of help right now.
- Infographics, worksheets, and resources: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r9s6q5oh3usgy7b/AAAFiBm-eLit5vCxboi5fOB1a?dl=0
- (Of course, all of the recipes that Coach Sylvia publishes on the Sleekgeek website are Sleekgeek Coaching-Friendly too: https://www.sleekgeek.co.za/category/recipes/)