🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Brainstorm a list of opportunities for movement that you might come across in your normal day-to-day life.
- ✅ Jump at any opportunity for movement that you come across today. The more the better, no matter how small.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us, in the Sleekgeek Movement Challenge Support Group, what some of the opportunities are that you brainstormed and report back at the end of the day.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
There’s a saying, “Success leaves clues“.
Something that the most successful healthy and fit people all have in common is they see themselves as healthy and fit people who do healthy and active things on a daily basis.
This is part of their identity.
If you were to ask them, they’d say: “I am the kind of person who takes every opportunity to be active.“
Sure, it is true that some people enjoy being active more than others….
But, it’s also true that:
- The more you CHOOSE to be active, the more active you ARE.
- The more active you ARE, the fitter you BECOME.
- The fitter you BECOME, the EASIER it is to be active.
- The EASIER it is to be active, the more you ENJOY being active.
- The more you ENJOY being active, the more you’ll CHOOSE to be active.
So even if you don’t enjoy being active right now, by taking consistent daily action you can become the kind of person who enjoys it over time.
It all starts with choosing to be more active in the first place and looking for opportunities throughout the day. It’s intentional.
🔎 Opportunities for movement:
Opportunities for movement are all about making a choice to move more whenever the opportunity presents itself.
- Choosing to take the stairs rather than the escalator or lift.
- Choosing to park towards the back of the shops parking lot rather than right outside the door.
- Choosing to put some extra energy into housework.
- Choosing to bust out some dance moves when your favourite song comes on.
- Choosing to take a break from work by going for a quick walk rather than checking social media or gossiping with a co-worker.
- Choosing to go for a walking meeting or date rather than sitting in an office or at a coffee shop.
- Choosing to take the “scenic route” when walking from one place to another.
- Choosing to physically play with your kids rather than entertaining them with an iPad.
- Choosing to get up and move around every time there’s a commercial break on TV.
- Choosing to carry the shopping in with multiple trips (gasp).
- Choosing to walk around (or even just pace) while on the phone.
It’s that simple.
Every choice that you make and every action you take you are “voting” for what kind of person you are.
The more often you vote to be active rather than sedentary when given the choice, the better you get at identifying these opportunities to do so.
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.