🎯 Today’s Mission:
To successfully complete today’s mission:
- ✅ Commit to embracing the grind.
- ✅ Go back through your Movement Journal to remind yourself of what “Future You” looks like that you wrote down on Day 1. If need be, write down some additional notes of motivation for yourself.
- ✅ [OPTIONAL] Share with us, in the Sleekgeek Movement Challenge Support Group, how you’re doing – motivation wise – and what you’re doing to keep yourself on track.
- ✅ Complete the form at the bottom of the page when done.
💡 More Info:
You’re nearly at the end of this challenge!
This is a good time to pause and think about what has changed since you started…
- Has your identity changed?
- Have your values changed?
- Has your definition of “progress” changed?
- Has your daily routine changed?
- Has your body changed?
In fact, now might be a great time to go back over some of the previous missions if you have the time.
We know that right now, you may not be feeling quite as excited and pumped up about this journey as you were when you started.
In fact, it’s probably a good thing.
😬 Welcome To The Grind:
When things start to feel a bit more boring or routine, you’re probably doing something RIGHT!
It means you’re being consistent and doing the things you need to do.
If you’re used to stopping and starting and restarting all the time, you’re probably also used to everything feeling super exciting and novel and new.
But when you actually put in the work and stay consistent, you lose some of that.
Things become more routine and familiar and not-so-exciting.
We call this “The Grind”.
It’s the stage where you have to just keep your head down and keep on pushing.
Or, as Dory says, “Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.“
Don’t worry, the grind is good. While it’s not the sexy and exciting experience that you want, it is the effective and results-driven strategy that you need!
When you notice things feeling like a bit of a grind, that’s exactly when you double-down.
- Remind yourself of your WHY.
- Remind yourself of what’s at stake if you give up.
- Remind yourself of what kind of person you want to be in 12 months time.
- Remind yourself of your required behaviour goals that will lead to your desired outcome goals.
- Remind yourself of what you have to be grateful for and what’s going well for you. Focus on the good stuff!
Consider this a sort of “mindset bootcamp”.
Whenever you feel things are slowing down or you find your commitment drifting, ship yourself off to that mindset bootcamp and renew your motivation to keep putting in the work.
😎 You’ve Come Too Far to Give Up Now:
As the saying goes, “You haven’t come this far to only come this far.”
If you’ve made it this far in the Challenger’s Journey, now’s the time to lean in and really embrace the work that you’ve got to do to make your dreams come true.
You’ve come too far to give up now.
When you notice things feeling like a bit of a grind, that’s when you double-down.
This is the EXACT time that separates the good from the great.
Everyone can eat well and exercise hard when they’re highly motivated, full of energy, have plenty of time, and are feeling that “now is the time to change” kind of feeling.
But only a small number of really successful people can keep on going when the going gets tough.
When motivation wanes, when energy is low, when time is tight, when you’re feeling like maybe right now is the wrong time… This is exactly when you need to keep on pushing.
GRIND BABY, GRIND!
✅ Mission Accomplished?
Fill in the form below once you’re done to keep track of your progress.