There is nothing like progressing and becoming better at something right?
It is my favourite feeling to be able to do more then I could because in reality you should not worry to much about the guy or gal next to you but worry about becoming a better version of you!
Well the Pushup and the Plank are two very important movements to help you with upper body strength and your core.
The best part? All you need to do this is you and your body! So no excuses of not belonging to a gym etc etc etc..
So we are looking for your improvement over 8 weeks!
The most improved person for Pushups and Planks will each receive a R1,000 Reebok voucher to spend in their online store. See here for all the awesome gear you can buy yourself from their online store! I wear it all the time and love it!
What you need to do?
- Get a partner “judge” who is in the challenge to verify your score and that you are doing it right
- Check out the guidelines below for both the Pushup and the Plank so you are doing it right (because I have seen some pretty lame-ass pushups before 🙂
- Record your start score
- We will record again in 8 weeks time
- Make sure you do this anytime in the first week of the Challenge.. so have it done and submitted by latest June 21
- Body in a straight line and not sagging (much like a plank)
- Chest and thighs to the floor
- Controlled slow movement . no bouncing
- All the way down and all the way up. Lock arms out at top.
- Men and ladies do the same (Equality)
You can watch this video on what the technique should look like. (The relevant parts are from Start up until 1min8sec)
- Body straight as a plank.
- Focus on holding your core (mid-section) in tight
- Hold for as long as you can
This video demonstrates exactly how to the plank and what it should look like.
INPUT YOUR SCORES