It is soon time to input your starting measurements and email your starting photos so that we can see how much you have achieved in 8 weeks time!
It is required that the photos are taken with a recent newspaper. Even if you take the photos on Monday you may use the Sunday paper for example… that is fine.
Taking the photos and measurements on the Sunday and submitting them is also no problem. A day will make no difference over 8 weeks.
YOU WILL NEED
In preparation to complete the measurements you will need:
- A scale
- A measuring tape (centimeter)
- A recent newspaper (Sowetan would be best first prize if you have access to one 😉
- A willing friend/partner
From experience we suggest to avoid disappointment you do the following:
- Write down all your measurements on paper first and capture them at one time in case the form times out
- Carefully study the requirements for before and after photos. People often get it wrong and it is not fun to have to do it again
- Mobile phones and online forms are not always best friends. Sometimes tablets like ipads are also not the best. We suggest you do your best to capture the data on a computer if you can.
You are also required to take a photo of the scale and weight when you submit your measurements.
Instructions are as follows:
In addition to your before photos in the same email you must submit two photos:
- One of you on a scale in airport security attire (shorts, tshirt and no shoes)
- Another of the scale’s readout with a piece of paper under it with the weigh-in word (as pictured below)
The “weigh-in word” for this challenge is SPINACH
Complete the form below and you have officially begun your 8 week journey