A habit tracker is a simple way to measure whether you did a habit.
This could be with a pen and paper with ticks and crosses or a fancy habit-tracking app on your phone.
If you’re serious about building better habits, then using some kind of tracker (at least in the beginning) is a must!
Benefits of tracking your habits:
- It’s something visible, noticeable, and prompts you to take action every day. Whether it’s a printout that you stick on your fridge or an app that sends you a reminder, a habit tracker makes it easier to remember to do your habit.
- It’s motivating and encouraging. Progress can take time, so it helps you have a way to immediately see that you’re moving forward toward your goals. As you fill up your habit tracker with ticks or crosses, you’ll get a clear view of whether you’re doing things that move you forward or not.
- It holds you accountable. We tend to be really good at remembering the times that we were “good” and really bad at remembering the times that we were “bad”. A habit tracker gives you a Bird’s-Eye View of your current habits so that you can see what’s actually going on.
- It’s satisfying. Checking off your habit each day feels rewarding and satisfying – important elements for building a habit. You can even take things up a notch by building winning streaks and challenging yourself to tick off as many days in a row as you become more and more consistent.
Option 1: Habit Tracking App
There are thousands of habit-tracking apps out there, some a bit more fancy than others.
It’s completely free with minimal fluff and features, but it does allow you to:
- Add your own habit(s).
- Set a frequency for a habit (daily, specific days, # per week, or # per month).
- Set reminders to do a habit (you can have as many reminders as you want at any time on any day).
- Add friends and choose if you want to share your habit progress with them for accountability.
Option 2: Sleekgeek Habit Tracker
If you’re a bit more old-school, then the Sleekgeek Habit Tracker is for you.
It’s a simple printable where you write in your habits and tick or cross them off each day.
Just enter your name + email below and we’ll send you a printable copy to download right away!