Welcome to the Sleekgeek 21-Day Self-Care Challenge!
- 😔 Do you feel like you’re always putting others’ needs above your own?
- 😥 Do you feel guilty saying “No” to others?
- 😭 Do you feel like you never have time for your own happiness, goals, and desires?
If you’re like most in the Sleekgeek Community, you probably answered “Yes” to at least 2/3 if not 3/3 of those questions.
The thing is, whether you’re a mom, dad, entrepreneur, friend, or significant other… Taking care of yourself isn’t selfish, it’s an act of survival. It’s a necessity.
We challenge you to fill up your cup!
As they say, “You can’t pour from an empty cup.“
If you don’t take care of yourself, ❌ you cannot be the best version of you, ❌ you cannot help others to the best of your ability, and ❌ you cannot live the life that you really want to live.
No one benefits if you’re burned out, tired, unhealthy, and unhappy. Don’t let your family, friends, loved ones, co-workers, community, and of course yourself miss out on all that you have to offer.
We’re giving you permission to take better care of yourself and we’re here to help you do it step-by-step!
What is Self-Care?
Self-care is a buzzing trend lately and we’re delighted!
- Self-care choices move us forwards.
- Self-comfort choices keep us right where we are.
- Self-destructive choices move us backwards.
According to Dr. Kara Mohr, PhD and behaviour change expert: “Self-care is taking care of and honouring your body, mind, and spirit in a way that activates your best self.“
We define self-care as any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health.
Self-care moves you forward. It moves you closer and closer to becoming the best version of yourself. This might look different each day, depending on what you need.
Self-care isn’t always glamorous. Sometimes it can be uncomfortable too:
- A long relaxing bath, or a long intense run.
- Saying “no” to things and people that aren’t your priority, or scheduling that dental check-up.
- Eating more healthily, or not beating yourself up so badly when you don’t.
- Getting to sleep earlier, or avoiding that snooze button.
We’ve put together 21 days worth of effective but do-able tasks that will help you to take care of yourself and move forward every single day.
What can you expect?
The 21-Day Self-Care Challenge will help you to:
- ✅ Take daily action towards becoming healthier, happier, and stronger you.
- ✅ Care for your emotional, physical, and mental self.
- ✅ Learn how to easily and effectively prioritise your own needs without feeling guilty or neglectful.
- ✅ Stay accountable and maintain your momentum.
- ✅ Meet like-minded people who are going through the same struggles as you and working towards similar more positive outcomes.
“Knowing” and “Doing” are two completely different things. You probably know what you need to take better care of yourself, so let us help you do that in a way that works.
By the end of the 21 days, you’ll have:
- ✅ Gotten into the habit of creating time for daily self-care.
- ✅ Learned simple, healthy ways to help yourself feel better and be better.
- ✅ Reduced or eliminated the guilt associated with putting your own needs first.
- ✅ Moved yourself forward emotionally, physically, and mentally.
- ✅ Put yourself in a better position to take care of those around you.
Together, we’ll turn your perspective of self-care being “selfish” into an understanding that self-care is a necessity and show you how filling up your cup overflows into everyone else’s around you.
More about the challenge:
21 Days of Self-Care
We’ll be doing a community-wide group start on the 4th of November, 2019.
Every day, for 21 days, we will give you 1 self-care task to complete.
These tasks will concentrate on either emotional, physical, or mental self-care.
You’ll get both guidance and inspiration on how to kickstart your habit of taking better care of yourself, as well as support from us every step of the way.
Daily Support and Private Community
The challenge will be taking place in a 100% private Facebook Group where you can share your experiences with like-minded challenges
We’re putting up some HOT prizes up for grabs (like a Fitbit Versa Fitness Watch and 2x NUTRiBULLETS) that will help you take EXTRA good care of yourself once the challenge is over.
- How to win the Fitbit Versa Fitness Watch: Complete the full 21-Day Self-Care Challenge and interact / share with us daily in the Private Facebook Support Group to go into the lucky draw.
- How to win the NUTRiBULLET: Enter with a buddy and you’ll both ALSO stand a chance to win a NUTRiBULLET each.
(You sign up as an individual and then indicate each other as buddies once the challenge begins. You can only have 1 buddy. Buddies are still in line to win the Fitbit too as individuals.)
Sign Ups are closed
Sign ups are now closed.