This is just a quick and easy guide to getting stated on the Sleekgeek Reboot 30-day Detox. If this is your first time reading about the Reboot, please make sure that you have read the main description to improve your understanding and add context to these recommendations.
- Drink water. This is the easiest first step you can make because it requires nothing special. Switch your sodas, sugary fruit juices, and alcohol for good old water.
- Eliminate added sugar. Cut out sweets like chocolates, candies, and gummy bears. Stop putting sugar or sweeteners in your tea and coffee.
- Cook using healthful oils. Get rid of things like spray and cook, sunflower oil, and margarine – throw them away. Coconut oil should be your go-to oil to cook in, it makes your food taste awesome and is incredibly healthy. Olive oil and avocado oil are also good choices.
- Stop eating foods that cause inflammation. This means getting rid of the grains (yes like bread and oats, yes I know it sucks but you will feel fantastic for doing so), dairy products, and legumes (this unfortunately includes peanuts and peanut butter). Most people don’t realize how bad these foods make them feel because they have grown up eating them all their life. Cut it out for a full 30 days and then reevaluate.
- If need be, snack of vegetables, fruit, nuts, and seeds. On the Paleo diet you will notice your cravings disappearing and your meal satiety increasing which means you will probably find yourself snacking less and less.
- Focus on constructing proper meals. Start with a high-quality source of protein, add colourful vegetables, possibly some fruit, and finish with your healthy fats like some avocado or a small handful of nuts. Eat until you are full and satisfied, but try eat a bit slower than normal and enjoy your food.
- Completely eliminate any other remaining processed products once and for all. Start paying attention to food labels and ingredients (ideally they should not need a food label because the food should be the only ingredient). Get rid of those “balanced diet” meal replacement shakes or protein bars.
- Keep your house well stocked but stop buying junk food-like products. If you fail to plan then you plan to fail – if you have healthy food readily available then you will eat it. If you have junk food readily available then you will definitely eat it. Sometimes willpower and a healthy resolution alone isn’t enough to battle temptation combined with those neurological chemical reactions and hormonal responses that happen in your body at the thought/sight/smell of food.