Change can be HARD. Especially in a time like now.
But it’s not impossible.
In the Sleekgeek Coaching Program, we use the “1% Rule” to help our clients overcome action paralysis and fear of change.
The 1% rule makes the transition between who you are and who you want to be more do-able and sustainable.
Here’s how it works:
You pretend that every time you do something, you become 1% more of that kind of person.
- Every time you drink a glass of wine, you become 1% more or a wine drinker.
- Every time you choose not to drink wine, you become 1% less of a wine drinker.
- Every time you do workout, you become 1% more of the kind of person who works out.
- Every time you skip a workout, you become 1% more of a gym-skipper.
- Every time you get angry, you become 1% more of an angry person.
- Every time you choose to calm down, you become 1% more of a calmer person.
- Every time you plan ahead, you become 1% more prepared.
- Every time you fail to plan ahead, you become 1% less prepared.
What we do repeatedly builds our identity and the beliefs that we have about ourselves.
As Jim Rohn once said, “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day; while failure is simply a few errors in judgement, repeated every day.“
Change doesn’t happen overnight.
However, we can START changing overnight.
In fact, we can choose to start changing immediately through our mindset and daily actions.
So with that knowledge, what actions could you do TODAY to move 1% closer towards where you want to be or who you want to become?
I’d like you to get started right away. In any way that you can. It doesn’t have to be perfect, it just has to be better than nothing.