With the Sleekgeek 2019 Winter Challenge coming to a close and entries for the Summer Challenge opening on the 3rd of September, we wanted to give you a sneak-peek into what to expect!
Last challenge we debuted the “Challenger’s Journey” and the “Game of Legions”.
- The Challenger’s Journey was an optional individual challenge that Sleekgeek Challenger’s could take on.
- The Game of Legions was an optional team challenge that Sleekgeek Challenger’s could take on.
After getting some great feedback from our challenger’s last challenge, we’ve decided to INTERWEAVE these two optional challenges together for an even better challenge experience.
So the team challenge, rather than being completely separate and different, will instead be based upon the Challenger’s Journey.
We’ll explain more about that below.
For now, just know that we are renaming the Game of Legions to be the Challenger’s Games in order to avoid confusion with the previous way that the Team Challenge worked.
If you’re not sure how ALL of the different elements of the Sleekgeek Challenge fit in with each other, here’s a quick recap:
Setting the Scene:
We’d like you to let your imagination run wild for a few minutes.
The world as we know it has been taken over by a dark and nefarious unhealthy global organisation called D.I.E.T.
D.I.E.T uses widespread poor health and lack of fitness to oppress and control.
They’re sowing confusion and misinformation amongst the public, creating chaos and distraction by influencing modern society to make the world weak and dependent on their authority so that we cannot resist their power.
The Sleekgeek Health Revolution is an underground rebellion that is recruiting and training the Sleekgeek Challengers to rise up and fight back for their health.
Sleekgeek Challengers are inserted into a gruelling but fun 8-week challenge where they are prepared and equipped to challenge our unhealthy overlords.
Challenger’s can choose between:
- The solo-style Challenger’s Journey, where they are trained on how to take daily action towards eating, moving, thinking, and sleeping better so that they are healthier, fitter, and more resilient than ever before.
- The team-style Challenger’s Games, where they are placed into teams and compete against one another in a more competitive and teamwork training program that revolves around a small handful of select tasks in the Challenger’s Journey.
- Both options (you can do both the Challenger’s Journey and the Challenger’s Games together, no problem. By doing the Challenger’s Journey you’ll be contributing to your team’s Challenger’s Games score).
- Neither options (remember, the Challenger’s Journey and Challenger’s Games are optional and they are not a requirement in order to take part in the normal Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge).
Upon completing the Challenger’s Journey and / or Challenger’s Games, challengers will have gained valuable knowledge, developed incredible skills, build healthy habits, and forged unbreakable friendships.
They’ll now be ready to ready to be released back out into society and be the change that we need in the world.
Plus, we’ll be giving away weekly prizes throughout the Challenger’s Games and a grand prize at the end of Challenger’s Journey to reward hard work.
More Info on the Challenger’s Journey:
OK, you can take your roleplaying imagination hats off for a moment and let us explain the Challenger’s Journey and Challenger’s Games in real terms.
Both the Challenger’s Journey (CJ) and the Challenger’s Games (CG) are both OPTIONAL parts of the Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge.
They’re simply fun but powerful bonus resources to help you take daily action towards living a healthier, fitter, and happier life.
The Challenger’s Journey is all about being the hero of your own life story.
Explained simply, it’s an 8-week “online course” (but it’s sooooo much more than that!) which runs concurrently with the Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge.
We don’t want your awesome results from the Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge to stop once the challenge is over. Instead, we want you to see these 8 weeks as a training process that is preparing you to then go out into the world and live the life that you want to live.
When the Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge finishes, that is when your real challenge begins!
More Info on the Challenger’s Games:
Like the Challenger’s Journey (CJ), the Challenger’s Games (CG) is an OPTIONAL part of the Sleekgeek 8-Week Challenge.
Some of you may be familiar with how the normal Sleekgeek Team Challenge works.
Let’s talk about that first because the Challenger’s Games is now THE Team Challenge.
Teams recruit 10-20 team members and work together to achieve the best collective results over 8-weeks.
In the past, the Team Challenge has been scored based on 3 criteria:
- Average weight loss of team members.
- Percentage of team members who finish the challenge.
- Bonus points for team members who make it into the top 10 of the Transformation Category.
With the Challenger’s Games, we’re now expanding it to include a 4th criteria:
- Percentage of team members who complete the designated weekly Challenger’s Games task.
So what exactly is the Challengers Games?
The Challenger’s Games is the team-style version of the Challenger’s Journey.
Each week, teams will be given just ONE designated Challenger’s Journey task for the week to complete.
This means that all of the team members (or as many as possible) need to work together to help each other complete the weekly task before the end of the week so that they can score the most points for their team.
The goal of this is to help reward teams for commitment, consistency, enthusiasm, and teamwork.
If you took part in the previous “Game of Legions” team challenge, then you should know about the following changes that you will see in the new Challengers’ Games:
- The Team Challenge will only be available to teams and team members who are starting in Heat 1.
- The Team Challenge will be 8-weeks long, rather than 12-weeks long (previously we had to cater for Heats 2, 3, and 4 as well).
- The Team Challenge will shift its focus towards the Challenger’s Journey content.
- Each week, teams will be asked to complete just ONE designated Challenger’s Journey task for that week as a team.
- This one task can be completed on any day of that week.
- Other than the designated task each week, the rest of the Challenger’s Journey content is completely optional and will have no influence on the Team Challenge.
- Full but concise instructions will be available from the start of the challenge in the Challenge Vault so that teams will know exactly what to expect for the full 8 weeks and can plan accordingly.
- Team members will be able to complete a form on the Sleekgeek website to submit their task as done, rather than needing to communicate it to their Team Leader and then on to the Team Challenge Admins.
- The winning team will win the title of the Team Challenge winner and win the Team Challenge prize.