A delicious healthy recipe commissioned from Sleekgeek Community Member Superstar Melissa Thomas.
- Recommended for: Lunch
- Serves: 4 Women’s portions or 2 Men’s portions (see full portion control guide here).
- The portions in this recipe are a little more on the lower-carb and higher-fat side compared to our standard portion control guide.
- Feel free to increase the carbs (corn) and decrease the fat (oil / seeds / olives) if you would prefer something more balanced.
- Otherwise, give it a try as the meal is and see how you feel. A bit of experimentation and flexibility in your nutrition plan is a good thing.
- 2 tins tuna in brine
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (red and green)
- Smart Carb
- 1 cup baby corn, roughly chopped
- Healthy Fat
- 3 tbsp avocado oil (1 tbsp for cooking, 2 for drizzling)
- 4 tbsp seed mix of your choosing (pumpkin, sunflower, flax, sesame etc)
- 8-10 pitted olives
- Herbs, spices, Extras
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Start by preparing the vegetables and tuna. You can either buy prepacked shredded cabbage or you can chop up some whole cabbage with a knife (as finely as you can). Then, chop the baby corn into pieces, roughly ½cm or so, and set aside in a separate bowl. Drain the brine from the tins of tuna, and set the tuna aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of the avocado oil into the frying pan over medium heat. Add the shredded cabbage, salt and pepper and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Time to plate up – divide the cabbage mix equally among 4 plates. Then add ½ a tin of tuna to each plate, over the cabbage. Next, throw in a few pieces of baby corn (approximately 10-12 chopped pieces per plate). Spoon 1 tablespoon of seed mix, and add 2-3 olives, to each plate.
- Drizzle another ½ teaspoon of avocado oil per serving, over the assembled ingredients, and garnish with fresh coriander (if using).
See the FULL Sleekgeek Nutrition Guide here (it’s free).
Join the VIP Wait List - don't miss out!
We're taking on a fresh wave of clients for the Sleekgeek Coaching Program on the 26th of July 2019.
If you’re tired of the exhausting “all-or-nothing” dieting approach, then listen up!
We want to teach you proven sustainable strategies to help you build healthy habits into your life, one day at a time, so that they last a lifetime!
NOTE: Spots are limited and enrollment will only re-open again in October!