A quick roundup of new and useful health-related resources from around the web.[Authority Nutrition] 10 Striking graphics that show effective ways to lose weight [Authority Nutrition] 9 Evidence-based health benefits of almonds [Paleo Hacks] Recipe: Onion frittata with avocado [Greatist] Bored by meditation? This will change how you feel [The Paleo Mom] How stress undermines health3 Things you should know and do but probably don’t [Paleo Movement] 5 Tips for hormonal balance for women [Authority Nutrition] How much water should you drink per day? [Precision Nutrition] How (and why) to make the PERFECT Super Shake [infographic] [T-Nation] 5 Reasons your program isn’t working [T-Nation] Cardio for strong people [Life Hacker] How to start exercising when you’re already overweight
Bonus pep talk on Aligning Goals with Values by Precision Nutrition:
This is a simple, yet powerful exercise that really cuts to the core of WHY we want something. Here’s how it works:
You start by asking one why:
- “Why do I want to do this?”
- Then, with whatever answer you come up with, you ask why to that first answer.
- … And so on, five times.
Here’s an example from a Precision Nutrition Coaching client who wants to lose fat.
- Why do I want to lose fat?
- Because I want to fit into a smaller size of jeans.
- And why does that matter?
- Because when I’m wearing smaller jeans, I think I’ll look better.
- Why do I want to look better?
- Because when I look good, I feel good about myself.
- Why do I want to feel good about myself?
- Because when I feel good about myself, I’m more assertive and confident.
- Why do I want to be more assertive and confident?
- Because when I’m more assertive and confident, I’m in control and better able to get what I want out of life.
Wow. That’s a lot of insight for a few little questions.
In order to be truly happy, healthy, strong, and fit, we have to live according to our most deeply held values.
When we don’t do what we believe or feel in our gut to be “right”, we feel rotten and our bodies show it. Our energy “leaks” out. We get weak — in body, mind, and spirit.
But when we live according to our values, life (and, often, good health) “flows” almost effortlessly. We get — and stay — strong and powerful.
Now it’s your turn. Why do you want to achieve your goals? Get to the core.
Are you taking responsibility and action for your health? Or are you just being a passive bystander and taking whatever happens to come your way?
Action creates results: https://tiny.cc/ActionCreatesResults