Proudly brought to you in association with partners Tru-Cape South Africa Abate Fetel pears – Say (ah-BAH-tay fuh-TEL)
Commit to this process and carve your pathway to 100 days of health and happiness.
This sleekgeek community project is about choosing health every day.
Doing at least one healthy thing for yourself every day and recording that.
Simple and consistent. Nothing fancy.
At Sleekgeek we encourage people to VALUE their health as a high priority.
Being healthy is a choice. It is about conscious daily decisions and simple actions.
Use this system which is 100% free of charge to keep your mind focused on trying to make healthier choices.
We even have some awesome prizes to reward you along the way.
“We are what we repeatedly do”
Ok I am keen! What must I do?
These are guidelines for you. You are free to adapt and play as you wish since in the end this is for you and all about you.
As long as you tag your related posts with #sleekgeek100 do what you wish.
You are free to start whenever you want.
These are our suggestions
- Create a photo album on your personal Facebook page called “100 Healthy Sleekgeek Days” (If you are on Facebook. Else do it anywhere that makes most sense to you)
[How to create a Facebook Album?]
- Every day post anything. This could be a picture, some text describing what you did, absolutely anything that you did in your day to contribute in any shape or form to your health and its improvement.
- Remember that health is not just eating and exercise. Stress management, sleep and many other areas count towards your health too. It could be a gratuity.
- Not every post is going to be dramatically exciting. Some may be repetitive like here is me at the gym. Here is me at the gym again 🙂 That is ok. Consider it a diary. Some days you will post more exciting things then others. The point is that you are conscious.
- Post pictures into your personal Facebook album and on any other platform you wish.
- Post content anywhere – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest with the hashtag #sleekgeek100
[What is a hashtag?]
- If you think an item of your content is useful and relevant to others you can also share it into the Sleekgeek group. But that will not be everyday.
- If you are more a “paper and pen” type of person then in addition we suggest you record your daily actions in a personal journal or notebook.
You do what you need to do!
Make it a “pear” and win thousands of rands worth Yuppiechef vouchers !
Everything is better with a partner right? Accountability gets results. Recruit at least one partner to be in a “pear” with you.
NOTE: This is an optional added bonus and you are very welcome to do this on your own for no prizes!
If you want to win then you need to
- Grab an accountability partner
- Create a picture of the two of you with an Abate Fetel pear in the photo. You can find a real one (bonus) or use a virtual one.
- To use a virtual one simply save the image from here https://www.sleekgeek.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Screenshot-2014-05-01-15.40.32.png (right click and save image to your PC or save on your phone the way you usually save an image from the web.
- Post that photo in your personal Facebook page
- Submit that photo via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to be in the draw with both your names, email addresses, locations and phone numbers.
- We will draw the picture that stands out the most for us … so get creative!
- At the end of May a “pear” of you will win R1,500 vouchers to Yuppiechef each.
- At the end of June a “pear” of you will win R1,500 vouchers to Yuppiechef each.
- At the end of July a “pear” of you will win R1,500 vouchers to Yuppiechef each.
Whatsapp each other, mail each other, phone each other.. do whatever you want to make sure your partner keeps consistent.
That is R4,500 worth of vouchers up for grabs!
It does not need to look like this. This is merely an example. Whatever you do you need to get you, your friend and the Abate Fetel pear into the picture.
Previously an export variety (Italy and Europe are traditional markets for this pear) Abate Fetel it is now being promoted in South Africa through Checkers and Shoprite stores, Spar and leading independent grocers from May until late July. 270, 000 bags of Abate Fetel pears will be on the market in this period.
That is not all! Other prizes
For everyone plus the loners we are still going to between May to July 2014
- Award 4 X R750 Yuppiechef vouchers as spot prizes
- Give away R5,000 worth of fruit cutter, peelers and recipe books
These spot prizes are for people who are active and post great content
I’m in! Let’s make it official!
Sign your name and commit to your hundred days. There will also be a form you can complete when you finish to be added to the hall of fame
Ps – DID YOU KNOW THAT if you search #sleekgeek100 on Facebook search you can see everones posts. That is cool!
Oops! We could not locate your form.