SleekGeek is absolutely amazing! It truly changed our lives.
The Sleek Geek Summer Body Challenge surpassed all my expectations. It is amazing how it keeps you motivated, even when you think you can’t anymore. It is great that you can follow your own eating and exercise plan, and find what works best for you. It’s absolutely incredible what you achieve in 8 weeks. It just fast-tracks your results and leads to a real sustainable lifestyle change – not just a short-term fix.
Doing it as a couple with my husband Jacobus was invaluable. It makes shopping, cooking and eating so much easier if you’re both on the same page. When the one is down, the other also picks you up and keeps you going. Thank you for an incredible experience! I would highly recommend Sleek Geek.
It is the best thing you can do to kick-start your way back to getting into shape and finding a healthier way of living.
Within 8 weeks I lost a total of 56.5 cm, 17 cm from my tummy, 6% body fat and 14% of my body weight. That’s a total improvement of 20% (11,5) kg. Thanks, you rock!
- Yvette Rossouw is Creative Group Head: Zoom Advertising
- She came 2nd in the Ladies Transformation Category of the 2012 Sleekgeek Summer Body Challenge
In Jacobus’s words
Thank you for the great challenge.
I have tried another eating plan in 2009 (Sureslim) and after losing almost the same amount of weight from Jan 2009 till May I kept my weight down till after we went on our second honeymoon to Maldives (October). After that my hunger for carbs and food was so big that I slowly gained all the weight that I lost in 2009. By our next anniversary in October 2010 I was over 120 kg.
My big motivation for losing weight this time was to live a healthier life and feel better about my body shape. The plan was very simple: no carbs and lots of water every day. That was my original plan. It worked till the 3 week.
My breakfast is usually 2 fried eggs, half a browned onion, 2 strips of lean bacon and some green salad. Lunch was normally leftover protein from dinner the night before and salad. More to the end I tried to cut down on my portion for breakfast and eat that at 11 – 12 before gym. Dinner is usually protein (steak, chicken or fish) that is braaied on the fire with green salad and sometimes beans in salt water.
Gym was fun for me as I like to do cardio and 20 to 60 minutes of hard sweat. This I tried to do at least 3 or more times a week.
Some other things that helped me was going to a different level bathroom and to take cold shower after gym. This seem to help a lot after I joined Eskom (last 3 weeks of the challenge).
- Studying for my Cisco exam. All the temptations of the kids’ snacks in the kitchen. The low blood sugar levels made me feel drained. I lifesaver was half a grape fruit when I felt down.
- The celebration of passing my CCNA, anniversary, landing a new job.
- Stress of job interviews. After I passed the exam, that was not as bad.
- Getting a offer from Eskom in KZN (we lived in Cape Town)
- Negotiating the contract before end of November
- Finding a school in Durban and surrounds for 2013 at the end of the year. Some would have place for the youngest but not the eldest and the other way around.
- Finding a new home that the whole family is happy with
- Finding a tenant for our home in Cape Town. Showhouse every second day.
- Going to Shoprite Year-End Awards function with Yvette’s boss after she just resigned .
- Attending Eskom’s year-end function. The most kid friendly function ever at Graceland in Paarl.
- By our luck the move to Durban happened after the challenge ended. When you phoned Yvette we were still packing boxes and making plans how to start the new year in Ballito. That was stress, sweat and tears to leave Cape Town.
Well now I shout for the Sharks and plan to stay in KZN for at lease the next 12 months till my contract is up for extension. Looking forward to see Butch play himself back in the Bok jersey (at the shark tank) and make a ultimate comeback.
- Jacobus came 3rd in the Men’s Weight-loss Category of the 2012 Sleekgeek Summer Body Challenge losing 18 Kgs in his 8 Weeks
Share the love
Did this story inspire you? If it did then please be so kind as to share it so that you may inspire others.
You can click the “Like” button below of make a comment and it will appear in your Facebook feed or use another of the other share buttons for Twitter etc.
Spread the word and inspire others. It is a gift. It takes one spark to change a person’s life.