Lindy Ubsdell, Recruitment consultant, Cape Town
Winner: Ladies toning category, Sleekgeek “12 Week Comeback Kid challenge” (1 Feb – 25 April 2012)
- What your plan was? What you did?
To win 😉
My plan was to learn how to get the most out of my body and put that knowledge to use. I researched, spoke to trainers and athletically minded friends, and read plenty of magazines. I then tested different approaches and found what worked best for me as an individual.
Nothing new here, I ate six small meals a day, a lot of protein and I generally stayed away from sugar, wheat and fat (good, simple advice that I got from a friend). I tried to limit myself to one cheat meal a week most of the time.
Weights: I trained for about 40 to 60 minutes a day, five to six times a week.
Cardio: I trained for about 40 to 60 minutes a day, five to six times a week.
General: I worked abs one day, calves the next, then abs, then calves etc. Lots of stretching.
1. I learnt to listen to my body and managed to get myself into a nice routine because of this.
2. Maintain form.
3. Interval training is the way to get the best out of cardio.
1. Go to gym with a plan, have a program and stick to it.
2. What kept me motivated was this: Just when you think you can’t, you can. Make sure that you leave every session sweating and feeling like you’ve accomplished something.
3. I feel that people expect too much too soon and then when they don’t see their dream results in the expected time, they give up or slack off. Keep going and you will reach your goal. Perseverance is the key.
4. Diet is super important.
Do 21 chin-ups! That’s a personal joke between my boyfriend and I. He is also into fitness and we enjoy challenging each other. I plan to lose 5% body fat before Spring. I’ll keep at my training and diet and see where it takes me, you never know.